Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem in GUI based program on Sun Solaris Post 302440682 by asif92 on Wednesday 28th of July 2010 02:16:06 AM
Old 07-28-2010
Problem in GUI based program on Sun Solaris

Hello!
I am trying to run a program which has used Xlib for its graphical user interface on Solaris through Common Desktop Environment(CDE). All I get is my three required widows open but all blank.They suppose to show some symbols, pictures ad buttons.In the command terminal the following message is displayed:
....... Graphics attribute blocks related set-ups

and the program doesnt proceed further. I wonder what is the problem as I dont have its source code so cant debug as well.Please can anyone mention here that what could have gone wrong.

Asif
Rawalpindi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

boot problem in Installation i86 sun solaris

Hello everybody, I installed sun solaris i86 , the programme installation install the "Mini Root" and after that he doing shutdown. the camputer coming up and he can't boot. how i can to resuled this problem ??? Thenk you in advence..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanly
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GUI Based RPM

Hi, How to create GUI based RPM. I am using Red Hat.. Please explain in detail. Thanks Kammy. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjannu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Solaris Audit Program

Hi All, Any one has, sun solaris audit program which covers everything one need to check as a security auditor. Audit Program will help. Thanks, Ghanshyam Emails not allowed - see the Rules (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghanshyampatel
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection problem with gui java program to postgreaql database using unix

Having problem in connecting my gui java program to postgreaql database. I first used setenv classpath /home/share/postgresql/java/postgresql.jar:proj1, where proj1 is my folder conatining all java and class file, to set classpath. Then javac *.java. Then java proj1.Login. It gives me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uci
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris : Web Based Management tools and Sun Cluster installation

Gurus, I have several questions : 1. Does Solaris 10/OpenSolaris has some kind of web based management tools ? Currently I am using WebMin. It worked fine, however I am very curious to use the tools provided by Sun Microsystem. Please advise for package name and how to activate.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

7. Programming

Compile c program on Sun Solaris OS

Can anyone tell me how to compile a c programs on SunSolaris OS 5.1 Version as gcc and cc are not working Thanks!!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivu
4 Replies

8. Programming

Turn java cmdline program into GUI

I have a java command line program from a vendor without source code, but it's too much work to run on a PC window, therefore I'm think to create a GUI wrapper or web interface calling that java cmdline program. But I'm a newbie in java world - How convert a java command line program into a web... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tqlam
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Raidctl - Sun T5240 Solaris 10 Problem

I tried using raidctl earlier today to use my 2 disks in a RAID1 setup and I totally destroyed my OS install. I'm sure I did something funky and it freaked out. No big deal...right? This is what I was seeing after a reboot. I decided to just reinstall the OS. It let me go through all of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

10. Solaris

SUN SPARC rebooting problem, after Solaris 10 installation

Hi All, I had install the solaris 10 into the SUNFIRE V890 server, after installed, it keep rebooting. I wish to enter the OK mode again, and install back the Solaris 10. i had try the "break" button and "stop+A" button, but all fail. kindly advice... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
4 Replies
lprsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       lprsetup(8)

NAME
lprsetup - printer spooler set up program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lprsetup DESCRIPTION
The lprsetup command provides an interactive facility for administrating the line printers on your system. This utility is also the com- mand-line version of printconfig, a graphical user interface available in X-windows or the Common Desktop Environment (CDE). See the printconfig(8) reference page for information on invoking the graphical user interface. Note that when you invoke printconfig from the command line, you have options to run the interface in different formats. Printer configuration can also be performed from the SysMan Menu and SMS interfaces. The lprsetup program contains online help and default answers to questions about adding, deleting, or changing the characteristics of any of the line printers on your system. Whenever a question is asked, the default selection is given in brackets [ ]. You can press Return in response to the question to accept the default, or enter an alternate value for the given parameter. You can obtain help information at any prompt by entering a question mark (?). After the help information is displayed, you are reprompted. The lprsetup program uses the /etc/lprsetup.dat file to determine the list of supported printers. See lprsetup.dat(4) for a current list of supported printers. The program knows about all of the possible symbols in the /etc/printcap file. See printcap(4) for a current list. After you have entered a printer specification, and have verified that it is correct, lprsetup then creates the spooling directory, links the output filter, and creates an /etc/printcap entry for the new printer. If the printer is connected to your system, you must specify the printer device name which is in the lp printcap entry. If lp is set to /dev/ttynn, choose the default setting dev when you see the following prompt: printer connection type 'ct' If you choose dev, you are prompted for the baud rate, br. The default is the recommended baud rate for the selected printer. If lp is set to another device, for example /dev/lp0 the lprsetup program assumes that you are setting up a printer with a parallel port, for example, lg02. It does not prompt you for device type information, and serial port specific entries are not put into the /etc/printcap entry. If the printer is remote, that is, if it is connected to a remote machine, you must set the line printer device to NULL (lp=:) and provide the following information items: Printer synonyms Name of the remote machine Name of the remote printer Spooling directory on the local machine If the printer is connected to a LAT, you must specify LAT when prompted for the printer connection type. It is important to enter LAT in all uppercase letters. (The connection will not be made if you enter lat for the printer connection type.) After you specify LAT, the sys- tem prompts you for the baud rate (br). The default is the recommended baud rate for the selected printer. Configuring Compaq Advanced Printing Software When lprsetup is used under Compaq Advanced Printing Software, you must configure an inbound gateway defining the rm and rp print symbols in the /etc/printcap file. To use this option: After configuring the general print characteristics, you will be prompted to Enter the printcap symbol you wish to mod- ify... Enter rm and then enter a new vaue of @dpa. Confirm the new value. Enter rp and provide a print queue name, such as "printer1". Configuring Printing on Clusters When lprsetup is invoked on a cluster, additional options are available which enable you to setup and administer cluster-wide printing. The on print symbol is used in the /etc/printcap file to specify: localhost, for networked (TCP/IP) printers Cluster member (host) names on which the print queue will be shared Refer to the printcap(4) reference page and Cluster Administration guide for more information. SEE ALSO
Commands: latcp(8), MAKEDEV(8), printconfig(8), sysman(8), sysman_intro(8), sysman_station(8) Files: printcap(4), lprsetup.dat(4) Network Administration System Administration Cluster Administration Compaq Advanced Printing Software documentation lprsetup(8)