Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to remove files from rm command Post 302440170 by m_usmanayub on Monday 26th of July 2010 10:49:19 AM
Old 07-26-2010
Unable to remove files from rm command

I need to delete some files which are not getting removed not even from root user

Code:
-rw-r-----   1 ptml     tellin            0 Jul 26 19:23 temp.out1
-rw-r-----   1 ptml     tellin            0 Jul 26 19:23 temp.out
-rw-r-----   1 ptml     tellin            2 Jul 26 19:23 prev
-rw-r-----   1 ptml     tellin            2 Jul 26 19:23 curr
.wrir-----   1 ptml     tellin            0 Jul 26 19:23 KHISCP1_SAR-

when i try to delete these files it says

Code:
<[username]:/dir> rm KHISCP1_SAR-
rm: KHISCP1_SAR-: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

plz tell me how can i delete these files

Last edited by Scott; 07-26-2010 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to remove folder in linux

Hi I am using red hat linux, In my folder a strange folder is created i.e. " -a " , folder name is preceded with hyphen. Now if i try to remove with rm -rf -1 , i am unable to do it. Can anyone please let me know how to do it, & what this kind of folder means Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to remove shared memory in Redhat Linux

unable to remove shared memory using ipcrm -m in linux $ ipcs -m ------ Shared Memory Segments -------- key shmid owner perms bytes nattch status 0x00000000 32768 root 644 80 2 0x00000000 65537 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to remove links of Cleared metas

Hi, have few meta devices which were cleared some year ago but still appear in /dev/md/rdsk. If I create a same meta device again, it shows old timestamp of 2009yr I tried devfsadm -C to clear unlinked links but of no use. What am I missing ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
2 Replies

4. AIX

Unable to remove APAR -- any solution ?

Hello I would like to remove the APARs # instfix -ivk IY68989 IY68989 Abstract: write to mmapped space hangs Fileset bos.mp:5.3.0.30 is applied on the system. Fileset bos.mp64:5.3.0.30 is applied on the system. All filesets for IY68989 were found. # instfix -ivk IY73497 IY73497... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Faster command to remove headers for files in a directory

Good evening Im new at unix shell scripting and im planning to script a shell that removes headers for about 120 files in a directory and each file contains about 200000 lines in average. i know i will loop files to process each one and ive found in this great forum different solutions... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to remove package in Solaris-10

I am installing a IBM package (ILMT) on Solaris-10 box, which is having few non global zones. It is not allowing me to remove old package and not allowing me to install new one. root@pqdb_s50:/root# pkgrm ILMT-TAD4D-agent ## Waiting for up to <300> seconds for package administration commands to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
18 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to remove VIOS disk

Hello, I am unable to remove the disk, whenever i remove the disk using rmdev -dl hdisk2 or rmdev -Rdl hdisk2 the disk appears back when i run cfgmgr but unable to create any volume group on it # mkvg -y foovg hdisk2 0516-008 /usr/sbin/mkvg: LVM system call returned an unknown ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SORRY REPOST - unable to remove

Hi, I have a requirement to fetch the length of a line within awk. I see that wc -c returns the number of bytes consumed, which is my requirement. However, the "length" function does not return the same, when I have non-ascii characters which are more than 1 byte. I have tried the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript command to remove files starting with a certain string, and older than 3 days

Hi All, Need help in identifying a shellscript command to remove all files on a server directory, starting with a certain prefix and also older than 3 days. That means files created with that prefix, today or yesterday, shouldn't be removed. Thanks, Dev (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
libpurple(3)							C Library Functions						      libpurple(3)

NAME
libpurple - core IM library DESCRIPTION
libpurple is a core library to be used by IM programs. It is used by pidgin(1). libpurple library could connect to the IM networks, manage accounts and preferences, and other helpful things. When using libpurple, you will basically be writing a UI for this core code. pidgin is a GTK+ frontend to libpurple. FILES
The following files are used: /usr/lib/libpurple.so Core IM library of Pidgin ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pidgin(1), libpurple-client(3), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) libpurple information: http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/WhatIsLibpurple NOTES
Written by Rick Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 28 Jul 2008 libpurple(3)