Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Aligning for boundary conditions Post 302440148 by fpmurphy on Monday 26th of July 2010 09:51:59 AM
Old 07-26-2010
Code:
As the sizeof(struct) may give different value between client and server programs, how do i align properly for boundary conditions.

You cannot unless the application is only used on platforms with exactly the same programming model i.e. LP64, IPL32, LP16, etc. You need to select a data interchange format and then encode or decode to that format.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aligning Characters in Bash/Beautiful Screens

Howdy, Supposing I want to output the following code to the screen in a bash script, this works fine until you use variables as below, because the variable could be of any length, meaning the screen output for line 2 will have the ultimate # out of alignment. Is there a simple way round this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: de_la_espada
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Partition 0 not aligned on cylinder boundary: "

hi Guys .. user want mirror disk c3t9d0 (running ) to c2t9d0 (fresh hdd). when i tried to bash : prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c3t9d0s2 | fmthard -s- /dev/rdsk/c2t9d0s2 it showing following error Partition 0 not aligned on cylinder boundary: " 0 4 222 ..... unable to mirror .... plz... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboys
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning columns in a text file using Perl

Hi All, I am new to perl and was trying to write a simple program which will generate a text file as output.. now the output which i am getting is something like this.. ================================================================================================== Col1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Aligning the content of a txt file

Hello friends Please help me to display the content of a file in specific aligned manner. for ex. the content of the file may be >$TEST WELCOME HI HELLO UNIX SHELL SCRIPTING >$ I want to display the content like . TEST WELCOME HI HELLO ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajmohan146
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word boundary with awk in ksh

Hi All, I am searching for IP address pattern in some files which I want to replace with some characters. However when I replace the IP numbers, it also replaces other characters beyond the IP address like below- 125.29.234.18.23456->SSS.SS.SSS.SS.SSSSS In the above example it should not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning data

Hi Guys, How can you align data getting the UID, GID HOSTNAME in same column input: server1 uid=1010(faculty) gid=700(teacher) groups=700(teacher), 800(models) student:x:500:500:student:/home/student:/bin/bash server2 uid=1010(OSAD) gid=700(teacher) groups=700(teacher), 809(staff)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Spooling data from the database in .csv file with boundary

Hi Guys, Another questions to the genius over here. I have spool the dataf from the database into a .csv file. But can it be possible to have all the rows and column with the boundaries..for example the .csv file which i have is as below: 20140327 BU 9A 3 20140327 SPACE 9A 3 20140327... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning a file

I have a large text file in following format cat input.txt abc qwert qwer afweferf wdfwefwe ==> kjhjkwdd mnmn ==> jkjkjwekj poiu ==> lklklke tytyutut ==> olkjmnsmn I need to align those lines with the characters " ==>" . I dont want to disturb the lines which dont have "==>". The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with defining a consition within a circular boundary

Hi Help, I am trying to create something like --- Suppose, I have grid origin at X=600000.0 & Y=90000.0. For any values of X, Y values lying within a circular periphery defined by circle of radius R=500m;X=599500.0 & 600500.0 ;Y=90500.0 & 89500.0should have a default=0or else it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning Texts

is there any way to align my text so every column begins on the same line as the previous line? here's my command: printf "THEN ( ${SEARCHPATTB} = Hour = ${CALTOTB} ) %8s => %8s NOW ( ${SEARCHPATT} = Hour = ${CALTOT} ) %7s => %7s Reduced By: %7s -${RESULT}"\\n output i'm currently getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
YPSET(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  YPSET(8)

NAME
ypset -- tell ypbind(8) which NIS server process to use SYNOPSIS
ypset [-h host] [-d domain] server DESCRIPTION
ypset tells the ypbind(8) process on the current machine which NIS server process to communicate with. If server is down or is not running a NIS server process, it is not discovered until a NIS client process attempts to access a NIS map, at which time ypbind(8) tests the binding and takes appropriate action. ypset is most useful for binding a NIS client that is not on the same broadcast network as the closest NIS server, but can also be used for debugging a local network's NIS configuration, testing specific NIS client programs, or binding to a specific server when there are many servers on the local network supplying NIS maps. The options are as follows: -h host Set the NIS binding on host instead of the local machine. -d domain Use the NIS domain domain instead of the default domain as returned by domainname(1). SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypcat(1), ypmatch(1), ypwhich(1), nis(8), ypbind(8), yppoll(8) AUTHORS
Theo de Raadt BSD
February 26, 2005 BSD