Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple script lines into a Makefile Post 302439589 by manustone on Friday 23rd of July 2010 05:34:17 AM
Old 07-23-2010
Multiple script lines into a Makefile

Hi All
I am creating a makefile and I want to do a clean section.
In the clean section I would like to check if the file exists and then delete it.

I always have an error 'unexpected end of file'
What's wrong in it?
Thanks
msntn

Code:
firstCpp: first.cpp
    g++ -o first first.cpp
clean:
    if [ -f first ] \
    then \
    rm ./first \
    fi \

Last edited by pludi; 07-23-2010 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Makefile:57: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

Hi, I am getting the following error while building on Solaris 64 , while I am trying to build. Error Snippet :- ---------------------- Makefile:57: *** multiple target patterns. Stop. make: Leaving directory `/work1/patch/vds6053sun64o/vobs/jvi' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshborate
0 Replies

2. Programming

Makefile: multiple target variable substitution

Greetings! Basically, I would like to properly handle this with gnu make: alltools: my_tool mysecond_tool mythird_tool etc_tool %_tool: dir1/%_tool.vf dir2/%_tool/subdir2/%_tool.ver <tab>@echo done %.vf: <tab>RUN_VF $* %.ver: <tab>RUN_VER $* So, if I were to do something like:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harlinator
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

epstopdf for multiple files using makefile

Greetings! I'm fairly new to the unix world and I hope someone here can help me with my question. I'm using a Makefile to run a few programs and the final output is several .eps files. However I need them to be .pdf files, so I want to use epstopdf to convert the files. Since I'm already... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwoord
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

makefile head-scratcher: multiple targets in one go

Hi! I've got a build process where scripts create multiple targets from their sources. But here I'm running into a conceptual problem of GNU make: If one has multiple targets in a dependency, make applies the rules once for every target that is out of sync - which is correct for normal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treczoks
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting Multiple lines using Shell Script

I have an xml file which has following code : <abc-ref> <abc-name>abc.efg.hij.klm</abc-name> </abc-ref> I want to comment this whole section out and I have written the following script : (where "hij" is unique string in the file) TEMPFILE=replaceYY.tmp file=hello.xml sed -n... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dish
6 Replies

7. Programming

Makefile for building multiple programs

I have the following part of a makefile and want to simplify it using rules rather than having to code the same two blocks when I need ti build another program. An having difficulty doing it all: 1dvel2 1dvel 2dvel ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Makefile with multiple executables

I am trying to create executables for the following files Currently, I am making 9 different directories for for each. I would like to make 1 directory but everytime I try it does not work. CROSS_COMPILE?= # CROSS_COMPILE used to = arm-arago-linux-gnueabi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile with multiple executables

CROSS_COMPILE?= LIBDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/lib INCDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/include BINDIR?=../../bin CFLAGS+= -Wall -I$(INCDIR_APP_LOADER) -D__DEBUG -O2 -mtune=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a -std=gnu99 LDFLAGS+=-L$(LIBDIR_APP_LOADER) -lprussdrv -lpthread OBJDIR=obj... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies
Apache::TestMM(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Apache::TestMM(3)

NAME
Apache::TestMM - Provide MakeMaker Wrapper Methods SYNOPSIS
require Apache::TestMM; # import MY::test and MY::clean overrides for MM Apache::TestMM->import(qw(test clean)); # parse command line args Apache::TestMM::filter_args(); # autogenerate the script Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); DESCRIPTION
"Apache::TestMM" provides wrappers for the "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" craft, making it easier to extend the autogenerated Makefile with "Apache::Test". FUNCTIONS
"import" use Apache::TestMM qw(test clean); or: Apache::TestMM->import(qw(test clean)); Imports "MY::" overrides for the default "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" test and clean targets, as if you have defined: sub MY::test {...} sub MY::clean {...} in Makefile.PL. "Apache::TestMM" does this for you so that these Makefile targets will run the Apache server and the tests for it, and clean up after its mess. "filter_args" push @ARGV, '-apxs', $apxs_path; Apache::TestMM::filter_args(); WriteMakefile(...); When "WriteMakefile()" is called it parses @ARGV, hoping to find special options like "PREFIX=/home/stas/perl". "Apache::Test" accepts a lot of configuration options of its own. When "Apache::TestMM::filter_args()" is called, it removes any "Apache::Test"-specific options from @ARGV and stores them internally, so when "WriteMakefile()" is called they aren't in @ARGV and thus won't be processed by "WriteMakefile()". The options can be set when Makefile.PL is called: % perl Makefile.PL -apxs /path/to/apxs Or you can push them manually to @ARGV from the code: push @ARGV, '-apxs', $apxs_path; When: Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); is called, "Apache::Test"-specific options extracted by "Apache::TestMM::filter_args()" are written to the autogenerated file. In our example, the autogenerated t/TEST will include: %Apache::TestConfig::Argv = qw(apxs /path/to/apxs); which is going to be used by the "Apache::Test" runtime. The other frequently used options are: "-httpd", telling where to find the httpd (usually when the "-apxs" option is not used), "-libmodperl" to use a specific mod_perl shared object (if your mod_perl is built as DSO), "-maxclients" to change the default number of the configured "MaxClients" directive, "-port" to start the server on a specific port, etc. To get the complete list of available configuration options and their purpose and syntax, run: % perl -MApache::TestConfig -le 'Apache::TestConfig::usage()' You may wish to document some of these in your application's README file, especially the "-apxs" and "-httpd" options. "generate_script" Apache::TestMM::generate_script('t/TEST'); "generate_script()" accepts the name of the script to generate and will look for a template with the same name and suffix .PL. So in our example it'll look for t/TEST.PL. The autogenerated script t/TEST will include the contents of t/TEST.PL, and special directives, including any configuration options passed via "filter_args()" called from Makefile.PL, special fixup code, etc. perl v5.12.1 2007-11-12 Apache::TestMM(3)