Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue in passing a parameter value from one script to another Post 302439061 by dipeshvshah on Wednesday 21st of July 2010 02:38:57 PM
Old 07-21-2010
Thanks scott. It works now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Date as parameter with sh script

Hi I need to pass a date argument with my shell script. Can any one send me code for the same. eg For 15th Aug 2006. Iwant to pass parameter like this ./startenv.sh 08/15/2006. Everyday date argument must change. Will the below code work ? ./startenv.sh date '+%m/%d/%y' THanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter while calling a script

Hello everyone I was asked to pass a parameter in the calling of a script. IŽll have two parameters London and Birmingham and IŽll need to pass this because each of these will have a specific script however with the same name. /home/script/loaddata.ksh Lond /home/script/loaddata.ksh Birm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Filename as a Parameter to Another script

Hi, I have a requirement to write a script file(script1.sh) to read the file from the folder say /usr1/profiles/active and pass the file name as a parameter to another script file say (script2.sh) which would subsitute this parameter. The script2.sh will have a line like the one below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter from one file to shell script

Hi All, I have a 2 files. File1 i am generating using an ETL tool, which is a comman seperated delimited file which contains country code & load date. everytime, this country code will be updated from a table. It might be AB or BA & ld_date will be for which date we need to load the file. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE on SFTP fucntion ,parameter passing!

Hi Everyone!! Hey i created a SFTP function to FTP the file from unix to Linux. I need to FTP the 48 files from unix to linux. IP=$1 Userid=$2 Prikeypath=$3 SrcPath=$4 DstPath=$5 Files=$6 BATCHFILE=sftp.batch.$$ LOGFILE=sftp.log.$$ #Compose batch file & pass as argument to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
1 Replies

6. AIX

Passing a parameter to a shell script?

I would like to run a compress script on files in certain directories. My compress_script.sh is just basically compress file* In order for me to use this I have to copy it into each directory and run it. How can I state the directory on the command line with the compress script so it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Parameter containing space in between to Shell Script

Hi, I have one shell script which use two parameter however one of its parameter have space in between. eg. a.sh 20110114 b c d here b c d is one parameter I used 'b c d' but its not giving correct result. Also i tried b\c\d but this one also didnt work. Any help would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter filled variable to a script.

Say I have something like this to try and build a parameter string: OPT1="This is my Option"; OPT2="/folder/file"; PARMS="-u me -J \"$OPT1\" -g \"$OPT2\""; ./script.ksh -n 1 $PARMS; ./script.ksh -n 2 $PARMS; ./script.ksh -n 3 $PARMS; ./script.ksh -n 4 $PARMS; But this doesn't work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing shell script parameter value to awk command in side the script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sarita Behera
1 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)