Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SHELL SCRIPT AND HTML
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SHELL SCRIPT AND HTML Post 302438552 by ddtseb on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 05:34:50 AM
Old 07-20-2010
SHELL SCRIPT AND HTML

Hello
I'm trying to develop a shell script that executes commands such as cat / etc / fstab uname, etc. ..... which generates me an output file format html own way.
Currently the shell script with the commands there, I have some notions of html but the generation of my html file is not clean at all in terms of layout.
I give you an example of script
Code:
# / Bin / bash
echo <HTML>>> file.html
echo <BODY>>> file.html
echo <BR> SYSTEM </ BR>>> file.html
cat / etc / fstab>> file.html
echo <BR> USERS </ BR>>> file.html
cat / etc / passwd>> file.html
echo </ BODY>>> file.html
echo </ HTML>>> file.html

thank you very much for your help

Last edited by pludi; 07-20-2010 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell Script to HTML

Hi, Im new to shell scripting. My task is to convert shell script feed into html, so basically I have a lot of information in shell script and I want to convert it html. I know you can simply convert the information by hand, but is there any simpler way? Thank you Dave (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davwel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Script along with .HTML

Hi, I need to know how to interact the unix shell script along with a .html. For example, I have a code like: #! /bin/sh exit_err() { print "Content-type: text/html\n" print $1 exit } toolbin/gu -i -r 'm_who(user,group,role,name,addr,phone)' > /tmp/temp.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronix007
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

have a shell script done in pl/sql and want output in html

I have this shell script where I have both pl/sql and sql. But want to have a snigle output file where the result of each cursors are in HTML tables. I was able to do that on my old script but it was only sql scripts (no pl/sql). Can I do have such outputs now with my new script where I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arobert
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to parse html file

hi all, i have a html file something similar to this. <tr class="evenrow"> <td class="data">added</td><td class="data">xyz@abc.com</td> <td class="data">filename.sql</td><td class="modifications-data">08/25/2009 07:58:40</td><td class="data">Added TK prof script</td> </tr> <tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute a shell script from an html link?

I want to execute a shell script when clicking on an html link. I want the output of the script to be shown on the webpage. Whats the best way to achieve this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return to HTML file from shell script

Hi! I'm writing a simple script which I call on using a simple html button. The script also recives a simple argument. After the script is done I immediately want to return to my html page. But I dont know how to do that! #!/bin/sh echo "Content-type: text/html" echo "" if then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crille
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating from Shell Script to HTML Page

Hi, Need Help, Recently I have thought to migrating my Korn Shell Scripts to html page..., already webserv is running on my unix machine. How to migrate the shell scripts to html page.. Please refer any web portal or sample codes. Thanks in Adavce (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in using html in Shell script

Hi, I made a script that displays various fileds of report that are required in csv format and send it on mail(the csv file). Now I want to convert the csv format into html table and then send it on mail. Reports_Output.csv Code:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Supriya Singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using HTML inside shell script

Hi, Am trying to use HTML tags inside my script but its not printing the required output. Any idea how to use html inside script will be helpful. #!/bin/ksh echo '<html>' echo '<font face='Calibri' size='3'> JobName Status</font>' echo '</html>' Output<html> <font ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell how's converting .html files

Hello everybody, :) I need some help with a school project that I have to create for the next week. :eek: So first, the aim of the Script is that I have a WebSite with a lot of .html / .shtml / .js / .css in one directory. That directory have few directory too but that's not so important,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariocrocop
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)							   User Commands							 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script - make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file type- script. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can supervise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet. -t, --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Output help and exit. NOTES
The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux September 2011 SCRIPT(1)