Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Temp mysql files jamming CPU resources Post 302438496 by egully on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 01:48:04 AM
Old 07-20-2010
Thanks

Can you suggest me where I can find mysql fine tuning suggestion scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmpdx
I suspect that those temporary tables are being used to store large joins and other queries that you get as you use the site.

This indicates that your my.cnf file needs tuning. I would suggest that you let your site run for a while, and then use one of the many fine mysql tuning suggestion scripts that can help you identify what's going on.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Application occupying CPU resources

Dear all, I have a pro c application running in the unix environement. This pro c program actually trigger by a java application from sun workstation. Recently, when we released a new proc c application and notice that the application occupying the CPU resources even through we check that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghho
1 Replies

2. Linux

Shared web server resources (CPU&RAM)

Hello, guys ! Long time no seen. I have a question about Linux web servers. I guess it is a more general question, but in my case it is a Linux web server. I want to know how much RAM memory should I put on my servers. Do you have some formula or guidelines on how should I calculate the amount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

3. Solaris

CPU resources

Hi, I got a solarsi 10 box with 9 zones and the cpu shares as following ID NAME SHARES 0 global 1 1 FMW1 100 2 FMW2 100 3 OID1 100 4 OID2 100 5 OVD1 100 6 OID0 100 7 FMW5 100 8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Security issue and temp files

Hello, One of the senior network admins at work told me that I should not hard code temp files into my scripts. Rather I should use the mktemp commands in the script to create them on the fly. His argument was that if a malicious user knew the name of my temp files in the script they could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

temp files

Hi there, As a regular unix user I am forever programming on the command line or writing scripts so that I first write a load of data to a file to read from. In the end I am always left with a bundle of .txt, .tmp which is what I usually call them. As a basic programmmer I was wondering is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMTF (ReMove Temp Files)

Heyas As some applications (sed,grep,vi, etc) create some tempfiles, i'd changed a script to this: (sadly i cant find the original post (code) anymore (which just removed 2 'diffrent kinds'), just similar ones - forgot that as i was new to all this) :) ~ $ cat $(which rmtf) #!/bin/sh #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Fire V210 CPU Fan Temp too high?

Hey, I have a V210 with a failed CPU fan. The temperature is currently at 84C and I've been asked to wait a few weeks before replacing as its a production system and it cant be shut down yet. Is it too hot? Do I risk killing the CPU at this temp? Its been like this for a few weeks now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magarvo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing large number of temp files

Hi All, I am having a situation now to delete a huge number of temp files created during run times approx. 16700+ files. We have never imagined that we will get this this much big list of files during run time. It worked fine for lesser no of files in the list. But when list is huge we are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
7 Replies
mysqlaccess(1)							  MySQL database						    mysqlaccess(1)

NAME
mysqlaccess-Createnewuserstomysql. USAGE
mysqlaccess [host [user [db]]] OPTIONS SYNOPSIS
mysqlaccess [-?|--help] [-v|--version] [-p|--password=#] [-h|--host=#] [-d|--db=#] [-U|--superuser=#] [-P|--spassword=#] [-H|--rhost=#] [--old_server] [-b|--brief] [-t|--table] [--relnotes] [--plan] [--howto] [--debug=N] [--copy] [--preview] [--commit] [--rollback] DESCRIPTION
-?|--help display this helpscreen and exit -v|--version print information on the program `mysqlaccess' -u|--user=# username for logging in to the db -p|--password=# validate password for user -h|--host=# name or IP-number of the host -d|--db=# name of the database -U|--superuser=# connect as superuser -P|--spassword=# password for superuser -H|--rhost=# remote MySQL-server to connect to --old_server connect to old MySQL-server (before v3.21) which does not yet know how to handle full where clauses. -b|--brief single-line tabular report -t|--table report in table-format --relnotes print release-notes --plan print suggestions/ideas for future releases --howto some examples of how to run `mysqlaccess' --debug=N enter debuglevel N (0..3) --copy reload temporary grant-tables from original ones --preview show differences in privileges after making changes in (temporary) grant-tables --commit copy grant-rules from temporary tables to grant-tables (!don't forget to do an mysqladmin reload) --rollback undo the last changes to the grant-tables. NOTE
At least the user and the db must be given (even with wildcards) If no host is given, `localhost' is assumed Wildcards (*,?,%,_) are allowed for host, user and db, but be sure to escape them from your shell!! (i.e., type * or '*') SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privilege_tables(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercur- media.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 mysqlaccess(1)