Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What's wrong with this command line pls? Post 302435185 by bbbngowc on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 04:18:35 PM
Old 07-06-2010
What's wrong with this command line pls?

I executed the following command and got Arg List too long.

Code:
find /dir1/dir2/LOG_* -prune -type f -mtime +3 -exec echo {} \;

What's that about?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One line of cron is not working - PLS Help

Hi all, I have spent 2 hours going through the forum and have not found an answer to my question, I hope someone can help. I have cron setup to run two commands, one at 1am and one at 3 am, the one at 1 am works but not the one at 3 am. The time is set as: 0 1 * * * /path/to/file 0 3 * * *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burnie
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-057 Syntax error at line 70. pls help

Hi All, I got a script from one of the unix forums for reporting on filesystem usage and wanted to use it but it keeps giving me the following error. 0403-057 Syntax error at line 70 The script is shown below. Pls help as I am new to UNIX. # set -x # D I S K S P A C E . S H # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMONI
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check position of end of line(URGENT PLS)

I Have to check in a file that all the lines are ending at same posiotin. Ex : line 1 is ending at position 88 line 2 should at same position i.e 88 Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evvander
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this line?

system ("$ssh '$perf_stats' < temp_pipe 2>&1 &"); I need to start and interact with my executable defined by perf_stats on a remote machine but not change my command line to that of the remote machine. temp_pipe is a node created by mknod -f temp_pipe (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get it in single line. pls help

Hi, when i am executing this script, i am getting the values of TID and Intime in different lines. How can i print both output values in a single line. please advise _____________________________ #!/bin/ksh export Path="/abc/def/ghi"; Home="/abc/jkl/prt"; cd $Path cat $Home | while read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong in this pls help how to take $i value ?

for i in `cat rgu` do echo $i sed -e '/LABEL=$i/,/fi/d' g_scripts > g_scripts2 cat g_scripts2 > g_scripts done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this expr line

It keeps giving me expr syntax error. expr "${etherline }" : ’.*no match found’ 2>&1 >/dev/null Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadow_boi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

line separate (pls)

Hello everybody I made code to move some files to another place for example(I moved MM file TO BIN folder ) and the MM path I put it in different file e.g(0:HOME/unixstuff/MM) so my question is who I can separate the path line and use the number 0: and MM as parameter because if I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: falm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with greping two line from a file Pls help ASAP

Hi all - I''m in a little bit of jam - If you can please help I have a file that has the following content ( please see below) I need to read the file and then get this result in this format ------------- To put out in this format name: sophis Total: 22328 name: tca ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my awk line?

] && { echo "The free mem need to be more than 2G" } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies
mhddfs(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mhddfs(1)

NAME
mhddfs - The driver combines a several mount points into the single one. SYNOPSIS
mhddfs /dir1,/dir2[,/path/to/dir3] /path/to/mount [-o options] mhddfs /dir1 dir2,dir3 /mount/point [-o options] ... fusermount -u /path/to/mount fstab record example: mhddfs#/path/to/dir1,/path/to/dir2 /mnt/point fuse defaults 0 0 mhddfs#/dir1,/dir2,/dir3 /mnt fuse logfile=/var/log/mhddfs.log 0 0 OPTIONS
with an -o option1,option2... you can specify some additional options: logfile=/path/to/file.log specify a file that will contain debug information. loglevel=x 0 - debug messages 1 - info messages 2 - standard (default) messages mlimit=size[m|k|g] a free space size threshold If a drive has the free space less than the threshold specifed then another drive will be choosen while creat- ing a new file. If all the drives have free space less than the threshold specified then a drive containing most free space will be choosen. Default value is 4G, minimum value is 100M. This option accepts suffixes: [mM] - megabytes [gG] - gigabytes [kK] - kilobytes For an information about the additional options see output of: mhddfs -h DESCRIPTION
The file system allows to unite a several mount points (or directories) to the single one. So a one big filesystem is simulated and this makes it possible to combine a several hard drives or network file systems. This system is like unionfs but it can choose a drive with the most of free space, and move the data between drives transparently for the applications. While writing files they are written to a 1st hdd until the hdd has the free space (see mlimit option), then they are written on a 2nd hdd, then to 3rd etc. df will show a total statistics of all filesystems like there is a big one hdd. If an overflow arises while writing to the hdd1 then a file content already written will be transferred to a hdd containing enough of free space for a file. The transferring is processed on-the-fly, fully transparent for the application that is writing. So this behaviour simu- lates a big file system. WARNINGS The filesystems are combined must provide a possibility to get their parameters correctly (e.g. size of free space). Otherwise the writing failure can occur (but data consistency will be ok anyway). For example it is a bad idea to combine a several sshfs systems together. Please read FUSE documentation for a further conception. COPYRIGHT
Distributed under GPLv3 Copyright (C) 2008 Dmitry E. Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org> February 2008 mhddfs(1)