Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support? Post 302434848 by pseudocoder on Monday 5th of July 2010 12:02:52 PM
Old 07-05-2010
Which terminals you actually intend to use/buy? Text-terminal or Thin Client?

However I'm sure you will find following very interesting to read: Text-Terminal-HOWTO
Also interesting: Serial HOWTO: Multiport Serial Boards/Cards/Adapters

If you're gonna set it up with text-terminals, prepare for using a couple of these Smilie:

Otherwise if you use Thin Clients, you'll need something like this:

Good luck! Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

App for internet access on unix terminals

I am trying to find out what I should install to provide internet access and browsing possibilities on multiple unix terminals. Can anybody help? TNXS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigger
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding UNIX dumb terminals

Respected members of the Forum, This is my first post. I have a few questions regarding dumb terminals and VT100 dumb terminal emulators. I have to connect a few dumb terminals to an IRIX server There are two options 1) Use Dumb terminals directly 2) Use a Terminal emulator like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ummeed11
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Support?

If the strength of Unix based operating systems such as Linux and Red Hat are based on the fact that they are open-source. Who will provide support for personal computers or average users that uses these operating systems. Wouldn't the absence of some structured and formal support system inhibit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one command for all unix terminals

Hi, I am working in huge environment, I do type commands from my terminal window repeadly in all same setup unix environments. I am looking some kind of a terminal emulator or some simple program that will help me? basically if type command like 'ls' in one unix terminal window it should echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgmekala
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make sure kernel was compiled with NFS server support

Hi there, I have a Debian Squeeze server. How can I check if my kernel was compiled with NFS server support? Extra question: if it is not, how do I enable NFS support in my kernel? Thanks for your help. Santiago (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Chat program between two soft terminals of my Linux machine

here i havent tried to make a communication between two terminals of different machines not either any socket program my simple aim is use ipc for chat between two soft terminals(tty's) here is my view two terminals with two applications working on same fifo one fifo b/w two terminals try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyam.sunder91
3 Replies
IP6TABLES-SAVE(8)														 IP6TABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table DESCRIPTION
ip6tables-save is used to dump the contents of an IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection provided by your shell to write to a file. -M modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> SEE ALSO
ip6tables-restore(8), ip6tables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. Jan 30, 2002 IP6TABLES-SAVE(8)