Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kill idle dt session
Operating Systems Solaris Kill idle dt session Post 302434355 by jlliagre on Friday 2nd of July 2010 08:37:45 AM
Old 07-02-2010
I guess because "dtconfig -kill" will destroy both idle and active sessions, which is unlikely what the OP wants.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Killing Idle session

does any one know how to kill an idle session? I want to kill any idle sessions after 30 min... Local or remote.... i want to do this without a script or TCP wrappers...i want to know if there is a file that i can configure..... ThAnks:rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: securhack
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Is there a script available to kill Idle users

My max user parm is set to 1050. I'm currently at 1038 this is causing major slow downs on the server. I looking for a way log off "idle" user logins with out having to do it individually. :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfmurphy_6
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

kill idle users

Hi, In my network we uses the NetTerm program to connect us to HP-UX 10.x server from windows workstations, but in some cases the user doesn't logout and close it by window's x button. The problem is that in HP-UX the user and all his tasks remain active and when he enter again HP-UX creates a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle.

Still it is not working. I had given 200 in putty but still it is expiring within 1 minute. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle.

Hi, I am accessing a solaris server via client machine. My problem is that every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle. I am facing problem as i have to enter the credentials around 30 to 40 times per day. I tried to set the TMOUT variable but it does n't work. Please help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to kill process after x idle min?

I need a script to kill those process id whose idle time is more than 30min plz help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
3 Replies

7. AIX

Kill IDLE Process using script !!!

Dear Friends , I am using DB2 database in AIX 5.3 server . In my server some IDLE process are generated after several times which I need to kill it manually each and every time . The process I query like following : root@bagpuss $ ps auxw|sort -r +3|head -10 USER PID %CPU %MEM ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User idle time and kill

Hello.. I have many sleepy users on my Solaris box and need to kill them if they are idle for more than 45 minutes for example...I know who -u gives and the idle time but unable to make a awk line to get the condition perfect. Please help...:wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wimaxpole
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill idle Process using a script

Hi, I need a script that can automatically kill all processes named "webrepn" and "webrebw" if idle for more than 30 minutes. Then I will have a Cron Job to run the script every night or 2-3 times a day depends on how this script helps. Right now, I run "ps -ef | grep webrebn" and "kill -9... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaggieL
7 Replies
ftptop(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ftptop(1)

NAME
ftptop - display running status on proftpd server connections SYNOPSIS
ftptop DESCRIPTION
The ftptop command displays the current status of FTP sessions in a continuously updating top like format. OPTIONS
-A Filter the display to show sessions that are authenticating. -a Filter the display to hide sessions that are authenticating. -D Filter the display to show sessions that are downloading. -S Specify the ServerName for a specific virtual host. If used, ftptop will only show sessions for the given virtual host. -d Specify the delay, in seconds, between display refreshes. The default is 2 seconds. Only values between 0 and 15 seconds are accepted. -f Specify the full path to proftpd's run-time scoreboard file (configured via the ScoreboardFile directive in proftpd.conf). If proftpd's default directory has been changed via this directive, ftptop must either be recompiled or this option must be used in order to find proftpd's scoreboard. -h Display a short usage description, including all available options. -I Filter the display to show sessions that are idle. -i Filter the display to hide sessions that are idle. -U Filter the display to show sessions that are uploading. -V Print out the version of ftptop and quit. While ftptop is running, hit the 'q' key to quit. The 't' key toggles between display modes. Currently there are two display modes: nor- mal and transfer speed modes. FILES
/usr/bin/ftptop /var/run/proftpd.scoreboard AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
inetd(8),ftp(1),proftpd(8),ftpwho(1),ftptop(1),ftpshut(8) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2003 ftptop(1)