Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data differences
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Data differences Post 302434316 by Franklin52 on Friday 2nd of July 2010 06:20:58 AM
Old 07-02-2010
OK, maybe I wasn't clear enough. An example:

Output 1:
Code:
device for : AA
device for : BB
device for : CC
device for : 11
device for : DD

Output 2:
Code:
device for : AA
device for : BB
device for : 22
device for : DD
device for : CC

Output Diff:
Code:
device for : 11 < -- not in Output 2
device for : 22 < -- not in Output 1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Differences between Solaris 2.5 and 9

Hi Can anybody tell what are the great differences in Solaris 2.5 and 9? I am seeking information like differences in libraries, User Interface, Configuraion files, daemons, Packaging and archiving tools, Hardware supported etc. Please help me, as this is little urgent. Even if you can refer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlcy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort differences

I have a file that contains /home /opt /stand /var /usr /tmp /opt /home I need to print the lines that are unique so the output would be /stand /var /usr /tmp and omit any filesystems that are duplicates. I searched the forums but did not find anything, although i searched on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences

Hi all, I am using korn shell. I want to know what is the difference between hey and echo commands. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file differences

I have two huge files in the size of 1gb. They are produced by similar processes and the expected thing is that they should match in size and contents. I have produced both the files with the processes and they seem to be off only by few bytes. Size file name 1634502037 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the differences

Dear All, I am having a file with thousands of columns. I would like to find the difference between adjacent columns (ie $i and $(i+1)) and perform the following action: if the difference is less than -10, then i need to print "-2"; if the difference is between 0 and <-9, then i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 directories

Hi, I am trying to write a script under ksh to list all the differences between two directories. For example: # ls test1 test2 I need to compare all the files under between test1 & test2. When I do diff, it only compares the diectoires but it doesn't check inside. I did do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between shells

What is the practical difference among the different shell like csh , ksh , bash etc.:confused::confused: Please use descriptive subjects instead of single words (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

{} and ( ) differences

Can u tell the diff between the 1) $a and ${a} 2)] and ( ) 3)" " and ' ' , ` ` 4) 'a' , "a", please explain with simple example (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrbinoy
1 Replies
RSH(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh -- remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-46dn] [-l username] [-p port] host [command] rsh [-46dn] [-p port] username@host [command] DESCRIPTION
rsh executes command on host. rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally termi- nates when the remote command does. The options are as follows: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -d The -d option turns on socket debugging (using setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -l username By default, the remote username is the same as the local username. The -l option or the username@host format allow the remote name to be specified. -n The -n option redirects input from the special device /dev/null (see the BUGS section of this manual page). -p port Uses the given port instead of the one assigned to the service ``shell''. May be given either as symbolic name or as number. If no command is given, note that rlogin(1) is started, which may need a different daemon (rlogind(8) instead of rshd(8)) run- ning on the server; you want to pass the rshd(8) port number in that case. If no command is specified, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. For example, the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the local file localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" other_remotefile appends remotefile to other_remotefile. FILES
/etc/hosts SEE ALSO
rcmd(1), rlogin(1), rcmd(3), hosts.equiv(5), rhosts(5), environ(7) HISTORY
The rsh command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)) using rsh; use rlogin(1) instead. Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. BSD
March 9, 2005 BSD