Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kill idle dt session
Operating Systems Solaris Kill idle dt session Post 302433277 by rajasekg on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 06:43:01 AM
Old 06-29-2010
Kill idle dt session

Hi,

i need to kill the idle dt sessions through script, can anyone tell me how to do?

RJS

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Killing Idle session

does any one know how to kill an idle session? I want to kill any idle sessions after 30 min... Local or remote.... i want to do this without a script or TCP wrappers...i want to know if there is a file that i can configure..... ThAnks:rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: securhack
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Is there a script available to kill Idle users

My max user parm is set to 1050. I'm currently at 1038 this is causing major slow downs on the server. I looking for a way log off "idle" user logins with out having to do it individually. :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfmurphy_6
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

kill idle users

Hi, In my network we uses the NetTerm program to connect us to HP-UX 10.x server from windows workstations, but in some cases the user doesn't logout and close it by window's x button. The problem is that in HP-UX the user and all his tasks remain active and when he enter again HP-UX creates a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle.

Still it is not working. I had given 200 in putty but still it is expiring within 1 minute. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle.

Hi, I am accessing a solaris server via client machine. My problem is that every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle. I am facing problem as i have to enter the credentials around 30 to 40 times per day. I tried to set the TMOUT variable but it does n't work. Please help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to kill process after x idle min?

I need a script to kill those process id whose idle time is more than 30min plz help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
3 Replies

7. AIX

Kill IDLE Process using script !!!

Dear Friends , I am using DB2 database in AIX 5.3 server . In my server some IDLE process are generated after several times which I need to kill it manually each and every time . The process I query like following : root@bagpuss $ ps auxw|sort -r +3|head -10 USER PID %CPU %MEM ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User idle time and kill

Hello.. I have many sleepy users on my Solaris box and need to kill them if they are idle for more than 45 minutes for example...I know who -u gives and the idle time but unable to make a awk line to get the condition perfect. Please help...:wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wimaxpole
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill idle Process using a script

Hi, I need a script that can automatically kill all processes named "webrepn" and "webrebw" if idle for more than 30 minutes. Then I will have a Cron Job to run the script every night or 2-3 times a day depends on how this script helps. Right now, I run "ps -ef | grep webrebn" and "kill -9... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaggieL
7 Replies
AXCTL(8)						   Linux System Managers Manual 						  AXCTL(8)

NAME
axctl - Configure/Kill running AX.25 connections. SYNOPSIS
axctl [-v] port dest src window|t1|t2|t3|n2|idle|paclen|kill [parm] DESCRIPTION
The axctl command is designed to be a multi-function command that allows miscellaneous commands to be issued to the Linux AX.25 protocol layer for existing AX.25 connections. The connection is uniquely identified via the combination of port, destination callsign and source callsign, with that information the kernel is able to change the parameters, or abort the connection. Many of the options are similar to those found in axparms and perform the same function. Only one parameter may be changed on each invoka- tion of axctl. OPTIONS
-v Displays the version number. window window Sets the window size for the AX.25 connection. t1 t1-timeout Sets the initial T1 timeout value for the AX.25 connection, the value is given in seconds. t2 t2-timeout Sets the T2 timeout value for the AX.25 connection, the value is given in seconds. t3 t3-timeout Sets the T3 timeout value for the AX.25 connected, the value is given in seconds. n2 n2-count Sets the maximum number of tries for the AX.25 connection. idle idle-timeout Sets the value for the idle timer for the AX.25 connection, the value is in minutes. paclen paclength Sets the maximum packet length that may be transmitted on the AX.25 connection. kill Will abort an existing AX.25 connection. FILES
/etc/ax25/axports SEE ALSO
call(1), getsockopt(2), setsockopt(2), ax25(4), axparms(8), axports(5). AUTHORS
Joerg Reuter DL1BKE <jreuter@poboxes.com> Linux 2 August 1996 AXCTL(8)