Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx script to do multiple emails Post 302432690 by methyl on Friday 25th of June 2010 09:37:37 PM
Old 06-25-2010
Nobody will answer this post unless you state the file format of the attachment, the Operating System and version, and confirm that this is nothing to do with commerical spam.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode mailx - send multiple emails

The following is an extract from one of my Shell Scripts which uses uuencode and mailx to send an email with multiple attachements: uuencode $LOG_REPORT $(basename $LOG_REPORT) uuencode $HTML_FILE $(basename $HTML_FILE ) ) | if then mailx -b "$COPY_TO" -s "$SUBJECT" -r "$MAIL_FROM"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suthera
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple emails via telnet in a script

Hi everyone, I'm writing a script that connect to telnet and write some email taking the RCPT from a file. My problem is the fact I'm not able to put all the addresses I have in the file as subject for the "RCPT TO:":confused:... Can anyone please help me? Thanks ps: I wrote this right... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: t_waspy
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx Vs sendmail to send internal emails to exchange

Hi Gurus, I have been searching for this around, but sendmail seems complicated and not sure if "mail" command would do, since all what I need to send internal emails from my solaris 10 box to our exchange server. Would the mailx or mail command do ? I tried the : # mailx -s test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Emails are going to Junk, How to stop them?

I wrote a shell script, the result to be Emailed. So I used mailx command in my Script. But the mail was going to Junk folder. Is there any troubleshoot for this? the mail was coming as username@hostname.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to use text Fonts while sending emails from mailx?

Hi Team, I want to use "Courier New" fonts while sending emails using mailx command from solaris command prompt. Because my SQL output is not printing in correct format in the email. Please assist. Let me know for any details. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mukharam Khan
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Postfix: emails addressed to multiple smart hosts

Hi, I am in process of setting up a SMTP server on RHEL 6 using Postfix. I am stuck at one point so any help would be appreciated. I have configured my xsender to use this new SMTP server as its mail server. If I send any emails addressed TO example.com the SMTP server should use the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx, Table, Multiple Email script

Hello, I am able to write some simple scripts in linux but this time it seems a little bit hard for me. Objective: Script will read Database.txt file and will submit separate emails to multiple persons. Database.txt Elvis-Presley user_ssh1 ##20140403 firstperson@gmail.com Julia-Roberts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid multiple emails being sent - Counter, Loop?

Hello, I have currently coded a bash script below in which it does the following: # Archives compressed file from another location. Basically it moves *.gz files to another location. The script also sends an email whenever a new compressed file is placed. This is the issue that i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending files to multiple emails

Hi All, I want to send each file to each email id as below. Instead of writing saparate 10 mail commands can we do it in a simple step. file1.csv to raghu.s@hps.com file2.csv to kiran.m@hps.com file3.csv to kenni.d@hps.com file4.csv to rani.d@hps.com file5.csv to sandya.s@hps.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)							   User Commands							 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c command] [-e] [-f] [-q] [-t[=file]] [-V] [-h] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a, --append Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet. -t, --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Output help and exit. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2011 util-linux