Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing password when changing the user account Post 302432496 by zaxxon on Friday 25th of June 2010 06:37:28 AM
Old 06-25-2010
Ok, then I think I understood already.
Try to implement the sudoers entry as given in the example and give feedback please, ty.
If set up correct, you will not be asked for a password when doing the su, even not when automated via script.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how can I change user name and password , of account ?

passwd only changes the password but i need to change the user name tnx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

2. AIX

changing user password

I have 02 servers: - Linux RHEL AS 3 (server1) - AIX 5.2 (server2) Running the command rsh server2 passwd derje from the server1 to change derje user password on server2, give me this error: 3004-709 Error while changing the password for "derje" Can somebody help me ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayge
0 Replies

3. AIX

changing unix user password using script

Hi sir, i need help in scripting.. i have 30 users like below eda01 eda02 eda03 eda04 ..... ...... eda30 I want to reset all users password start with eda01 until eda30 to default password 1234 how do i do this using script, i dunt want system prompt me for password.. i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_um
5 Replies

4. Debian

password less login to root from a user account

hello friends, one user is created named "user1" I login as "user1" . Now when i do "su -" to be root user I have to give password for root . Is there any way through which we can skip giving the password to root. i.e. user1@work:~$ su - Password: xxxxxx work:~$ I don't want that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
1 Replies

5. Linux

Problem changing user password

Hi all, I'm having an issue resetting an Linux user password. As root, I type 'passwd <username>, enter the new password, but the user is still Access Denied. Can someone assist me in figuring this one out? The box is running "Linux trm62 2.4.21-15.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Apr 22 00:18:24 EDT 2004... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris user changing password

i created 1 user . Now its passwd time period get expired. Now how can I set password for that user. Also how can I set a condition such a way that after every 3 months user must change his passwd. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkraj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new user account and password in shell script

I am trying to create a shell script that will: check if a specific user already exists if not, create a specific group and create the user in that group assign a password to that user, where the password is passed in as a parameter to the script The problem that I need help with is 3 on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: killuane
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

block user account after failed password

hi guys I have Centos 5.4 The idea is lock the user account for 3 minutes after he has entered his password incorrectly 3 times. I've modified /etc/pam.d/system-auth auth required pam_tally.so onerr=fail per_user deny=3 account required pam_tally.so resetbesides... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
3 Replies
BASENAME(3)								 1							       BASENAME(3)

basename - Returns trailing name component of path

SYNOPSIS
string basename (string $path, [string $suffix]) DESCRIPTION
Given a string containing the path to a file or directory, this function will return the trailing name component. PARAMETERS
o $path - A path. On Windows, both slash ( /) and backslash ( ) are used as directory separator character. In other environments, it is the forward slash ( /). o $suffix - If the name component ends in $suffix this will also be cut off. RETURN VALUES
Returns the base name of the given $path. EXAMPLES
Example #1 basename(3) example <?php echo "1) ".basename("/etc/sudoers.d", ".d").PHP_EOL; echo "2) ".basename("/etc/sudoers.d").PHP_EOL; echo "3) ".basename("/etc/passwd").PHP_EOL; echo "4) ".basename("/etc/").PHP_EOL; echo "5) ".basename(".").PHP_EOL; echo "6) ".basename("/"); ?> The above example will output: 1) sudoers 2) sudoers.d 3) passwd 4) etc 5) . 6) NOTES
Note basename(3) operates naively on the input string, and is not aware of the actual filesystem, or path components such as " ..". Note basename(3) is locale aware, so for it to see the correct basename with multibyte character paths, the matching locale must be set using the setlocale(3) function. SEE ALSO
dirname(3), pathinfo(3). PHP Documentation Group BASENAME(3)