Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute shell script from plsql trigger Post 302432276 by durden_tyler on Thursday 24th of June 2010 01:32:32 PM
Old 06-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.bs11
Code:
begin
dbms_scheduler.create_program
(
'TPP_SEND_EMAIL',
'EXECUTABLE',
'/Temp/ENV/code/BIL/users/usrbil01/Hemz/sndmailscrpt.ksh',
TRUE,
'Send email to ISU'
);
dbms_output.put_line('SUCCESS');
exception
when others then
dbms_output.put_line('Error: '||SQLERRM);
end;

This script returns success but has not called my script 'sndmailscrpt.ksh' responsible to send email.

Please let me know the possible reason behind this.

The reason is that you have simply created a scheduler program, nothing more. In order to execute the script you'll have to run the corresponding job.

I'd suggest you have a look at Oracle's documentation of the DBMS_SCHEDULER supplied package.

tyler_durden
This User Gave Thanks to durden_tyler For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script call from a DB trigger

Has anybody been able to execute a shell script call from a database trigger? If so what are the steps to execute it? Do we have any specific packages in Oracle? Reards, Rahul. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we trigger an shell script on an event

Hi, My program A updates a log called logA. I have a shell script S that is responsible to send emails reading from the log. I want to trigger execution of the script whenever there is an update to the log. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
8 Replies

3. Programming

UNIX Shell Script to Create a Document of a PLSQL code.

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Parse PLSQL code?

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
2 Replies

5. Programming

running PLSQL scripts through shell script

I am running the following ealth checks on my server there are two databases in my server . MODEL1 and MODEL2 i connect with the first database as sqlplus model1/password Then i exceute a query select x from table (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to trigger workflow manager through shell script?

I am new to siebel workflow manager. Can anyone help me regarding the shell script which will trigger siebel workflow manager. I want a sample shell script to trigger workflow manager. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
2 Replies

7. Programming

Executing shell script from PLSQL

Hi All, I have a requirement to mv a file in unix from plsql procedure. for that i have created a java host procedure, a host_command, given all grants as per ORACLE-BASE - Oracle8i Shell Commands From PL/SQL but i am getting an error ""Process err :/bin/sh: mv Not Found"" kindly let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aryan_styles
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a plsql procedure through shell script

I have a plsql procedure inside a package which is having one IN parameter .I want to call that procedure through a shell script and that IN parameter is a column of a table in the database. So my requirement is that i need to loop all the entries of that IN parameter from the table through shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspnf
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script trigger using http interface

Hi I have created a shell program, which takes a series of parameters as shown in the below code. Its working good from terminal. My program restorejob.sh -g <NAME> -p <Path-to-search> -r <Path-to-restore> Its working fine from bash shell. I want to extend this functionality like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)