Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting output alignment
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting output alignment Post 302431831 by zaxxon on Wednesday 23rd of June 2010 04:28:30 AM
Old 06-23-2010
Alignment to the right for better readability and easier comparing of the sizes:

Code:
$> awk -F "B" '{gsub(/ +/," "); printf "%14s%1s%14s%1s%14s%1s%10s\n", $1, FS, $2, FS, $3, FS, $4}' infile
        0.48 GB        0.29 GB        0.19 GB       60%
        0.48 GB        0.29 GB        0.19 GB       60%
      228.90 GB       89.47 GB      139.42 GB       39%
      228.76 GB       72.37 GB      156.39 GB       31%

This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

output display alignment !!

Hi I'm trying to display the output of my script in a friendly viewable format. it's something like this.. i have this while loop... in which i get some records from a file where fields are delimitered with a pipe. so i'm extacting each field and replacing the pipe with a \t, tab !!.. cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting the output

Is it possible to convert the attached file to the format mentioned. Here for a particular job the table name and the corresponding instance name from one test run "X" is compared with the table name and the instance name from the second test run "Y" for output rows,affected rows,applied... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

my script is as follows cnt=`ps -ef |grep pmon|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` cnt2=`ps -ef |grep tns|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` if then if then rman target/ catalog recdb/recdb@recdb cmdfile report_need_backup.sql > report_need_backup.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swkambli
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output alignment problem

Hi Gurus, This is my raw data. How would I able to format this output into a better alignment? /dev/vg00/lvol5 /home 0.12 GB 0.02 GB 0.10 GB 19% /dev/vg00/misc /misc 28.43 GB 4.92 GB 23.51 GB 17% /dev/vg00/lvol6 /opt 8.25 GB 5.43 GB 2.82 GB 65% /dev/vgsap/ora10264 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output

Hi Experts, I have to create a report for certain audit and my output looks as follows I m trying to format my output to look like Any inputs would be highly appreciated Thanks Syed (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script output alignment

Hi How can I alaign the output of a script. Exaplme my script has assigned values to two variables, VAR1 and VAR2 VAR1=This is RAJ working as a DB2 UDB DBA for VISA Corporation, Need your help in Shell scripting VAR2= This is RAM working as a ORACLE DEVELOPER for TARGET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thriloka
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formatting .

below is a CPU utilization Log for ABC server. However for every 15 minutes it generates 3 CPU values(with interval of 2 sec). Host CPU CPUtotal CPU% time ABC 101.1 2 50.55 14 : 15 ABC 100.5 2 50.25 14 : 15 ABC 100.2 2 50.1 14 : 15 ABC 100.9 2 50.45 14 : 30 ABC 100.5 2 50.25 14 : 30 ABC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting df output

Hi all, Can anyone please suggest how best to handle output from running df where some of the information for a volume/filesystem spread over two lines? Some of my volume/filesytem are NFS mounted and when I run a df, the information is spread over the two lines instead of the usual norm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the Output

Hi, I am trying to use printf command and format certain output in a specific format as under: While the left side (upto |) of the above format is part of a fixed header function, the right side is where i am expecting data to be printed. However, as seen, Row1 value is reflecting on last... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coloring cli output, screws up 'alignment'

Heyas I'm trying to add color 'support' to my TUI. It works, but behaves weird. Code in question: (status.conf) R="\033" ; TUI_WORK="" TUI_DONE="" ; TUI_FAIL="" TUI_SKIP="" ; TUI_NEXT="" TUI_BACK="" ; TUI_CANC="" TUI_ON="" ; TUI_OFF="" TUI_INFO="" ; TUI_HELP="" The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)