Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copying files automatically
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying files automatically Post 302430777 by MrEddy on Friday 18th of June 2010 04:39:28 PM
Old 06-18-2010
just tells me -t is an illegal option so my mv doesn't seem to support -t

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I automatically find important files???

how can I automatically check if important files exist in a directory and if not, automatically put the important files where they are needed say, I want to put .bashrc and a dozen other important files like it into every user's directory, how can I do this??? how do I check every user's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically copying files from server to local drive?

I would like automate the process of copying some logs files from a server to my local hard drive at a set time each week/day. I don't really know anything about creating and scheduling jobs. Is this something I could setup relatively easily? I would like to automatically copy all the logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sepia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to automatically download files

I am new to shell scripting and need to write a program to copy files that are posted as links on a specific url. I want all the links copied with the same file name and the one posted on the webpage containing the url onto a specific directory. That is the first part. The second part of the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files copying - [ Listed files alone. ] - Shell script

Hi All, I am doing this for svn patch making. I got the list of files to make the patch. I have the list in a file with path of all the files. To Do From Directory : /myproject/MainDir To Directory : /myproject/data List of files need to copy is in the file: /myproject/filesList.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files by automatically creating directories

I am in a situation where I have some hundreds of thousands of files in a directory (name of directory: big_directory). Now, working on this directory is extremely slow. I now plan to do this: Copy 1000 files in each of the directories by creating the directories automatically. All files have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Moving Files Automatically

I'm looking to find/create a script so that when a download is complete, I can run the script in order for it to automatically move a file such as... 'example.avi' into my videos folder I'm a novice when it comes to scripting, any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Andrew (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abudis
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files automatically.

Here is the script I want to run to deleted log files after a certain time: touch /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/apps/RSA/logs find /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/apps/RSA/logs -atime +120 - exec rm -rf {}\; Exerytime I run it, it throws me the error: find: paths must... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lennyz04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a lot of files in subdirectories automatically

Hi, I have a huge structure of directories and subdirectories contsining some data. The lowest folders contain a file "image.png" which need to be converted to "folder.jpg". But how can I do that for all these files automatically? That's what I alredy have find /path -type f -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KarlKarpfen
1 Replies
Temporary(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      Temporary(4)

NAME
Temporary - Stores data files during transfers to remote systems SYNOPSIS
/usr/spool/uucp/SystemName/TM.xxPID.000 DESCRIPTION
The uucp Temporary (TM.*) files store data files during transfers to remote systems. After a Data (D.*) file is transferred to a remote system by the uucico daemon, the uucp program places it in a subdirectory of the uucp spooling directory named /usr/spool/uucp/SystemName, where the SystemName directory is named for the computer that is transmitting the file. The uucp program creates a temporary data file to hold the original data file. The full pathname of the temporary data file is in the following format: /usr/spool/uucp/SystemName/TM.xxPID.000 where the SystemName directory is named for the computer that is sending the file, and TM.xxPID.000 is the name of the file; for example, TM.00451.000. The PID variable is the process ID of the job. FILES
Describes accessible remote systems Contains uucp command, data, and execute files Contain data to be transferred. Contain files that uucp has transferred RELATED INFORMATION
Daemons: uucico(8) Commands: uucp(1), uudemon.cleanu(4), uupick(1), uuto(1), uux(1) delim off Temporary(4)