Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape Drive Configuration
Operating Systems SCO Tape Drive Configuration Post 302430664 by jgt on Friday 18th of June 2010 09:18:41 AM
Old 06-18-2010
Can you show us the contents of /etc/conf/cf.d/mscsi and the contents of /usr/adm/messages, only for the last boot.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tape Drive error

I have a hp d 350 running on 10.2,im having a problem with the dds2 tape drive whenever i tried backing up larger files...i have remove the tape driver and add it using sam again but still the tape drive is not working .....is there a solution to this problem? # tar cvf /dev/rmt/0m priso.ds a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giriplug
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Tape Drive Configuration - Help Needed

I have been working on this one for a few days. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Hardware Machine: Sun Blade 2000 Tape Drives: HP Ultrium LTO2 002 (x2) (Inside an L40) Software OS: Solaris 8 st.conf uncommented lines: probe-scsi-all reports both drives. /dev/rmt is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucesean
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rs600 tape drive

Hello sir Please I just have tape blocked inside the tape drive of my server. My server have 2 tape drives configured but only one is available (rmt0). The problem is that i have a separed tape drive ready to be connected to my server and i wan to know how to make available the second tape drive ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobnc
0 Replies

5. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quantum tape drive

Hi, Using Redhat 5.7. I have Quantum tape drive connected to the server. I am trying to install the Netbackup software. Just wondering how can I see the Quantum is connected to the server. is any command I run to see the tape drive is connected? I used to work on Solaris, I used to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
pipelog.conf(4) 						   File Formats 						   pipelog.conf(4)

NAME
pipelog.conf - pipelog configuration for libpipelog.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/pipelog.conf DESCRIPTION
The libpipelog.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it runs commands through pipes and get the output of the individual pipe as a log content. Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The syntax of pipelog.conf file is: <log path><whitespace><command> <command> may be a simple program name (which will be found in $PATH) or an absolute path of a binary with arguments list. "%s" can be included in <command> zero or one time, will be replaced by <log path> in runtime. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/pipelog.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libpipelog.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/pipelog.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libpipelog.so EMAMPLE
/var/adm/wtmpx last /var/adm/utmpx /bin/last -f %s SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), grablogs.conf(4) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 pipelog.conf(4)