Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on .profile for AIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help on .profile for AIX Post 302429527 by Scott on Monday 14th of June 2010 05:28:03 PM
Old 06-14-2010
Hi.

Try:

Code:
. ~user1/myenv

(make sure also that the user1 home directory is accessible to the other users)
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile"

Hi I know from reading O Riley's Classic Shell Scripting' that the .profile file is " the shells configuration file" but I am unable to find a reference to what "..profile" means. I have searched on the net, Sams Teach Yourself Unix, Unix Visual Quickstart Guide and Linux in a Nutshell. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

7. AIX

aix 6.1 root .profile not found

hello all i just installed my 1rst 6.1 machine and it's working fine but i can't find the root .profile ????? can any one help BEst Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: islam.said
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in setting .profile , .cshrc , .exerc ..... in HP-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX

I need help in settings to Hp-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX .. I worked on Linux previously ... now i am working on Hp-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX .. up/down arrow , to see history of previous command (basically to modify ) and few keyboard keys are different ... so i need to set .profile , .cshrc , ... to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girija
1 Replies

9. AIX

Bypass Read Line in profile through AIX command

Hi All, I have a complicated requirement where in I have a "root" user and a user named "xeadmin" I want to take sudo of "xeadmin" by command sudo su - xeadmin. Later i need to hit 2 enter keys as there are 2 read line commands inserted in profile of "xeadmin" and I reach command prompt, i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiteshsathawane
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX Administrator - User Profile Management

Good afternoon all, Was un-sure on where to post this so I thought I would use this topic... I was wondering what best practice people use for the deletion of user profiles on AIX systems? At the moment, I currently don't delete any user profiles, they are just disabled as they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SteveCPayne
1 Replies
dspam_merge(1)							       DSPAM							    dspam_merge(1)

NAME
dspam_merge - merge several users' metadata into a composite SYNOPSIS
dspam_merge [--profile=PROFILE] user1 user2 ... userN -o username DESCRIPTION
dspam_merge merges several users' metadata into a single user's dictionary. This tool is designed to create global users and seeded data. The hit sounds for each token and per-user totals are added together to produce a single composite dataset. After creating a composite user, dspam_clean should be run with the -p option to clean up extraneous data. NOTE : Merges may take a considerable amount of time. This could potentially increase the load on the server or even slow down the delivery of email. A merge should only be performed when the system is fairly acquiesce. OPTIONS
--profile=PROFILE Specify a storage profile from dspam.conf. The storage profile selected will be used for all database connectivity. See dspam.conf for more information. user1 user2 ... userN A list of users to merge together. -o username The target user which will be created (if necessary). This user will contain the composite generated by the merge. EXAMPLES
dspam_merge dick jane spot -o ralph Merges the metadata dictionaries of dick, jane, and spot into a single composite under the user ralph EXIT VALUE
0 Operation was successful. other Operation resulted in an error. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 DSPAM Project All rights reserved. For more information, see http://dspam.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
dspam(1), dspam_admin(1), dspam_clean(1), dspam_crc(1), dspam_dump(1), dspam_logrotate(1), dspam_stats(1), dspam_train(1) DSPAM
Apr 17, 2010 dspam_merge(1)