Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) gftp won't launch properly after installing using darwinports Post 302429485 by Allasso on Monday 14th of June 2010 02:53:23 PM
Old 06-14-2010
gftp won't launch properly after installing using darwinports

Hello,

I installed gftp using darwinports on Snow Leopard. Install appeared to go fine with no errors. When trying to launch gftp by starting X11, then typing /opt/local/bin/gftp in the terminal, nothing happens until about 30 minutes later when only a partial window appears.

I get the following message in the terminal window (though from what I have researched this is only a warning and should not mean anything):

Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display etc.

Help?

Thanks, Allasso

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron won't run properly

I am new to unix, and this is my 1st post on this board. Looking for some advice about a cron job in my server. I am running a cron task that references a script which runs several other scripts and compiles them into a report and emails it to me. If I run the script manually, I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steeler_fan
2 Replies

2. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwinports question

I installed darwinports in X11 under mac OSX 10.4.11. I can install ports through the terminal from darwinports alright. It install all of it's files in /opt/local. I downloaded a source tarball of an addon to sawfish, when I configure the install. what do I use to show the path as /opt/local.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman
0 Replies

4. Programming

How to launch a new process

Hi, I have a situation where a C main program needs to call another C main program, my background is mostly Windows and I'm new to UNIX programming. I've read about system(), fork(), and exec() and I'm a little confused as to what the sequence of steps should be to launch another process. By the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr94131
5 Replies

5. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

6. Linux

Can't launch firefox

Hi all, I installed RHEL on my machine and realized that firefox browser was not included at installation. I went back and added it using the Add or Remove Packages by inserting the dvd I used during installation. The icon is there but for some reason I cannot lauch. Nothing returns when I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kde Desktop Effect won't work after installing OpenBox

I recently installed OpenBox to work with KDE in replacing the Kwin Session manager. A lot of things did seem to use less processing and memory, but it seems I've lost my KDE Desktop Effects. I managed to track down this in /home/user/.xsession-errors after trying to re-enable them: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
XTITLE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 XTITLE(1)

NAME
xtitle - set window title and icon name for an X11 terminal window SYNOPSIS
xtitle [ -tiq ] [ -- ] string ... | [ -V ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
Xtitle will set the window title and/or the icon name of the terminal window in which it is run to be its command line arguments. It does this by outputting the appropriate xterm(1) control sequence characters. Unless suppressed, xtitle will also report the settings it has made. OPTIONS
-- Interprets all following arguments as strings instead of options. -h, --help Prints a helpful usage message. -i, --icon Only set the icon name. Default sets both. -t, --title Only set the window title. Default sets both. -v, --verbose Quiet mode. Doesn't report the settings performed. -V, --version Only prints the program version. CAVEATS
Xtitle is known to work with xterm(1) and dtterm(1). The effect of the control sequences in other terminals is not known, though I wouldn't expect any problems. VERSION
1.0.2 AUTHOR
Steve Kinzler, kinzler@cs.indiana.edu, Nov 1993/Nov 1998/Mar 2000/Dec 2009 URL
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~kinzler/xtitle/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), dtterm(1) 1.0.2 XTITLE(1)