Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on .profile for AIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help on .profile for AIX Post 302429292 by zaxxon on Monday 14th of June 2010 03:46:15 AM
Old 06-14-2010
Place 1 file (for example myenv) which contains those 50 aliases where it can be reached from every of your 12 accounts and add the following line to every of those 12 .profiles
Code:
. ./myenv

This is one time work on 12 .profiles for one line but in future you only have to edit that one myenv environment file with your aliases etc.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile"

Hi I know from reading O Riley's Classic Shell Scripting' that the .profile file is " the shells configuration file" but I am unable to find a reference to what "..profile" means. I have searched on the net, Sams Teach Yourself Unix, Unix Visual Quickstart Guide and Linux in a Nutshell. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

7. AIX

aix 6.1 root .profile not found

hello all i just installed my 1rst 6.1 machine and it's working fine but i can't find the root .profile ????? can any one help BEst Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: islam.said
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in setting .profile , .cshrc , .exerc ..... in HP-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX

I need help in settings to Hp-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX .. I worked on Linux previously ... now i am working on Hp-UX , Solaris , AIX-UX .. up/down arrow , to see history of previous command (basically to modify ) and few keyboard keys are different ... so i need to set .profile , .cshrc , ... to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girija
1 Replies

9. AIX

Bypass Read Line in profile through AIX command

Hi All, I have a complicated requirement where in I have a "root" user and a user named "xeadmin" I want to take sudo of "xeadmin" by command sudo su - xeadmin. Later i need to hit 2 enter keys as there are 2 read line commands inserted in profile of "xeadmin" and I reach command prompt, i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiteshsathawane
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX Administrator - User Profile Management

Good afternoon all, Was un-sure on where to post this so I thought I would use this topic... I was wondering what best practice people use for the deletion of user profiles on AIX systems? At the moment, I currently don't delete any user profiles, they are just disabled as they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SteveCPayne
1 Replies
MELD(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MELD(1)

NAME
meld - Visual diff and merge tool for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
meld [options] meld [options] FILE1 meld [options] DIR1 meld [options] FILE1 FILE2 [FILE3] meld [options] DIR1 DIR2 [DIR3] DESCRIPTION
Meld is a graphical diff viewer and merge application for the Gnome desktop. It supports 2 and 3-file diffs, recursive directory diffs, diffing of directories under version control (Arch, Bazaar, Codeville, CVS, Darcs, Git, Mercurial, Monotone, RCS), as well as the ability to manually and automatically merge file differences. OPTIONS
--auto-compare, -a Automatically compare all differing files on startup. --diff FILE1|DIR1 FILE2|DIR2 [FILE3|DIR3] Create a diff tab for the given files or directories. Note that "meld --diff FILE1 FILE2" is functionally equivalent to "meld FILE1 FILE2". However, the --diff argument can be given multiple times for one invocation of meld which allows the user to automatically initiate multiple diffs when meld starts. See examples below. --help, -h Print application help and usage. --LABEL=<label>, -L <label> Set application window title to <label>. --version Print application version and exit. EXAMPLES
meld Run meld without initiating a diff. meld FILE1 Initiate a diff between FILE1 and the version-controlled copy of FILE1. meld DIR1 Initiate a recursive diff between DIR1 and the version-controlled copy of DIR1. meld FILE1 FILE2 Initiate a diff between FILE1 and FILE2. meld FILE1 FILE2 FILE3 Initiate a 3-way diff between FILE1, FILE2, and FILE3. meld DIR1 DIR2 Initiate a recursive diff between directory DIR1 and DIR2. meld DIR1 DIR2 DIR3 Initiate a recursive 3-way diff between directory DIR1, DIR2, and DIR3. meld --diff FILE1 FILE2 --diff FILE3 FILE4 Initiate a diff between FILE1 and FILE2, and a separate diff between FILE3 and FILE4. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=meld or mail a description of the issue to meld- list@gnome.org. AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS text file in meld's source code (http://git.gnome.org/browse/meld/tree/AUTHORS). 26 Sept 2010 MELD(1)