Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter files and print
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter files and print Post 302427523 by DeCoTwc on Monday 7th of June 2010 01:39:23 AM
Old 06-07-2010
Anytime someone says they need an arbitrary tool to be used in their solution, I can't help but assume that this is homework.

But pretending it's not for a moment, how about a sample of what your input is, and what your desired output is and what you've tried so far and how you've debugged the issues you've run into?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to modify a print filter!

Ok, the filter looks like this. awk ' BEGIN{printf ("^ This is sending escape sequences to the printer. What I also would like to do is filter out certain pages. I only want the contant between two markers. Start Marker=1Q2Q3Q4Q, End Marker=5Q6Q7Q8Q. I also need the actual line that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter the column and print the result based on condition

Hi all This is my output of the some SQL Query TABLESPACE_NAME FILE_NAME TOTALSPACE FREESPACE USEDSPACE Free ------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------- ---------- --------- ---------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and filter between two files

Hello, I have two files in this form that consist of three columns, a name (L*contig*), the length (length=**) and the sequence LT_file.txt LTcontig1 length=13 acccatgctttta LTcontig5 length=8 ggattacc LTcontig8 length=20 ccattgaccgtacctgatcg LTcontig23 length=5 accta and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK filter from file and print

Dear all, I am using awk to filter some data like this:- awk 'NR==FNR{a;next}($1 in a)' FS=":" filter.dat data.dat >! out.dat where the filter and input data look like this:- filter.dat... n_o00j_1900_40_007195350_0:n_o00j_1940_40_007308526... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atb299
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to filter files with given format

Hi, all, I have files like: nameserver 216.66.22.2 ; tserv1.ash1.ipv6.he.net. tserv13.ash1.ipv6.he.net. nameserver 216.66.38.58 ; tserv1.tor1.ipv6.he.net. tserv21.tor1.ipv6.he.net. nameserver 216.218.221.6 ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: Filter Multiple Entry & print in one line.

AWK Gurus, data: srvhcm01 AZSCI srvhcm01 AZSDB srvhcm01 BZSDB srvhcm01 E2QDI31 srvhcm01 YPDCI srvhcm01 YPDDB srvhcm01 UV2FSCR srvhcm01 UV2FSBI srvhcm01 UV2FSXI srvhcm01 UV2FSUC srvhcm01 UV2FSEP srvhcm01 UV2FSRE srvhcm01 NASCI srvhcm01 NASDB srvhcm01 UV2FSSL srvhcm01 UV2FSDI (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the files after filter

Hi Guys, i want copy the all files another direcotry after filtering the command. and tried as like below...it's not working. ls -ltr|awk '{print $9}'|grep "images\|\.htm"|cp *.* /home/oracle Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter lines common in two files

Thanks everyone. I got that problem solved. I require one more help here. (Yes, UNIX definitely seems to be fun and useful, and I WILL eventually learn it for myself. But I am now on a different project and don't really have time to go through all the basics. So, I will really appreciate some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: latsyrc
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a print filter that print text & image?

Currently, I have a print filter that takes a text file, that convert it into PCL which then gets to a HP printer. This works. Now I need to embedded a image file within the text file. I'm able to convert the image file into PCL and I can cat both files together to into a single document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter and merge 2 files problem

Hi, I'm trying to combine two files which have 1 column in common and filter out rows I don't need. File 1: ID Start End Matched Coverage 1 1 254 1515 5.96 2 1 135 402 2.98 File 2 (has 2 rows per entry): >1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yarinka
4 Replies
EVTEST(1)																 EVTEST(1)

NAME
evtest - Input device event monitor and query tool SYNOPSIS
evtest /dev/input/eventX evtest --query /dev/input/eventX <type> <value> DESCRIPTION
The first invocation type displayed above ("capture mode") causes evtest to display information about the specified input device, including all the events supported by the device. It then monitors the device and displays all the events layer events generated. In the second invocation type ("query mode"), evtest performs a one-shot query of the state of a specific key value of an event type. type is one of: EV_KEY, EV_SW, EV_SND, EV_LED (or the numerical value) value can be either a decimal representation (e.g. 44), hex (e.g. 0x2c), or the constant name (e.g. KEY_Z) of the key/switch/sound/LED being queried. If the state bit is set (key pressed, switch on, ...), evtest exits with code 10. If the state bit is unset (key depressed, switch off, ...), evtest exits with code 0. No other output is generated. evtest needs to be able to read from the device; in most cases this means it must be run as root. evtest is commonly used to debug issues with input devices in X.Org. The output of evtest shows the information presented by the kernel; based on this information it can be determined whether a bug may be a kernel or an X.Org issue. DIAGNOSTICS
If evtest does not show any events even though the device is being used, the device may be grabbed by a process (EVIOCGRAB). This is usually the case when debugging a synaptics device from within X. VT switching to a TTY or shutting down the X server terminates this grab and synaptics devices can be debugged. EXIT CODE
evtest returns 1 on error. When used to query state, evtest returns 0 if the state bit is unset and 10 if the state bit is set. SEE ALSO
inputattach(1) AUTHOR
evtest was written by Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz[1]>. This manual page was written by Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org[2]>, based on that present in the lineakd package, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). NOTES
1. vojtech@suse.cz mailto:vojtech@suse.cz 2. steve@sk2.org mailto:steve@sk2.org 05/21/2012 EVTEST(1)