Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Manual vs Cron execution in HP-UX Post 302426811 by padi on Thursday 3rd of June 2010 03:15:13 AM
Old 06-03-2010
Hi Jim,

Based on your advise, I copied the PATH contained in the /etc/profile and pasted it in the script and it worked fine.

Is there another way of doing it instead of pasting the path in the script since I will deploy the script in several unix/linux servers and I don't want to hard code it? I can imbed in the script to grep the PATH in the /etc/profile but maybe there's another way of implementing it. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cron Skips Execution

Hi All, I got a very strange problem, i have created a cron schedule that will run a programme once in every 12 mins, like 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /myf/startProcessA 1> &- Some time the cron skips the execution such as 04,28 instead of executing at 16 mins. it starts execution at 28, i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execute by cron problem, but manual ok

Hi; I'm facing the problem with my script like below 30 0 * * * /data/SCRIPT/LOADLOGS/loadata1.sh 2 1 >> /tmp/loaddata.txt loadata1.sh calling a another 2 scripts which we need to exe in sequence. when it perform by cron jon, sometimes it just can process 20 recs or less or nothing but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: izai
6 Replies

3. Solaris

cron execution

Hi, Here is the code snippet when executing on the command line it does execute smoothly, but while i place this on cron it doesnt run. Can anybody suggest where the problem in cron is.? #!/usr/bin/ksh home_dir="/export/home/scripts/MonitorScripts" ThresholdLimit=5 touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameek20
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution on cron does not work well

Hallo everyone, this is my first post here and I hope i will learn a lot from you guys. I have the following command that somehow only works interactively, when I put the the following to the cron, it does not work. It suppose to move file from one folder to another folder that's all. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msetjadi
7 Replies

5. Programming

execution problems with cron

how to store a date into file? and how we can access date from the file? ---------- Post updated at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:08 AM ---------- how we can store date in file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: causalmodi777
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi, I have written a shell script to transfer files to a SFTP server passing the filername, source and dest directory as parameters and it runs well. :) I want to schedule this script to run periodically using a cron job. root@pingu # cat /etc/crontab SHELL=/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi friends, today i created a cron job , registered the crontab file associated but dont know why the cron is not getting executed at the right time.?? content of Crontab file : 21 15 * * * /subrat/myt i wanted to execute the script myt on 15:21 PM of everyday. the script myt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paras.oriental
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if script is run via cron or manual=command line?

Hi all, I have a script that can be run via cron or via the command line. Is there any way that I can place something on the script to be able to distinguish/differentiate whether the script was run via a user in the command line or whether it was run from the cron? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron

Hi, I'm unable to understand why the grep command in cronjob works intermittently Expected output: Grep command to look for a particular string with today's date and exit from infinite while loop else it must sleep for 5 mins I'm using the following statement in my shell script, the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie87
9 Replies
FCGIWRAP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FCGIWRAP(8)

NAME
fcgiwrap - serve CGI applications over FastCGI SYNOPSIS
fcgiwrap [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
fcgiwrap is a simple server for running CGI applications over FastCGI. It hopes to provide clean CGI support to Nginx (and other web servers that may need it). OPTIONS
-c number Number of fcgiwrap processes to prefork. -s socket_url A URL for the listen socket to bind to. By default fcgiwrap expects a listen socket to be passed on file descriptor 0, matching the FastCGI convention. The recommended way to deploy fcgiwrap is to run it under a process manager that takes care of opening the socket. However, for simple configurations and one-off tests this option may be used. Valid socket_urls include unix:/path/to/unix/socket, tcp:dot.ted.qu.ad:port and tcp6:[ipv6_addr]:port. -h Show a help message and exit. ENVIRONMENT
When running, fcgiwrap evaluates these environment variables set by the web server calling an fcgi-script. The variables DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME will be concatenated and the resulting executable run as CGI script wrapped as FastCGI, with the remainder after the script name available as PATH_INFO. To disable PATH_INFO mangling, set up your web server to pass SCRIPT_FILENAME, which should contain the com- plete path to the script. Then PATH_INFO will not be modified. DOCUMENT_ROOT directory which the script resides in SCRIPT_NAME actual executable SCRIPT_FILENAME complete path to CGI script. When set, overrides DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME EXAMPLE
The fastest way to see fcgiwrap do something is to launch it at the command line like this: fcgiwrap -s unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock Apart from potential permission problems etc., it should be ready to accept FastCGI requests and run CGI scripts. Most probably you will want to launch fcgiwrap by spawn-fcgi using a configuration like this: FCGI_SOCKET=/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock FCGI_PROGRAM=/usr/sbin/fcgiwrap FCGI_USER=nginx FCGI_GROUP=www FCGI_EXTRA_OPTIONS="-M 0700" ALLOWED_ENV="PATH" Nginx can be configured to have the arbitrary CGI cgit run as FastCGI as follows: location / { fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cgit/; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME cgit; fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fastcgi.sock; } AUTHOR
fcgiwrap was written by Grzegorz Nosek <root@localdomain.pl> with contributions by W-Mark Kubacki <wmark@hurrikane.de>. This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> (with contributions by Grzegorz Nosek) for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Jun 3, 2010 FCGIWRAP(8)