Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to read a certain column from the status result Post 302426359 by anbu23 on Tuesday 1st of June 2010 04:04:10 PM
Old 06-01-2010
Code:
echo $VAR | awk ' { print $5 } ' | IFS=":" read FTP_HOUR FTP_MIN FTP_SEC

This User Gave Thanks to anbu23 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent -read exit status

i have written a shell script that invokes main class of a java prg. the java prg does a System.exit(0) or (1) based on condition. how can i read or check the status in unix.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamcool
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing in certain column based on some result

hii every one can anybody help me writing shell script with this, i have a file ... amit arun vivek and i want to read something from the user and print next to amit or arun in certain column.. like amit 23-wall street 2000 arun 34343 vivek 4758 is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar_amit
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a file in shell and put result in a line

Hi All, I have a to read a file and put the result in one line. The i am reading from contain the data like below. 1 signifies the beging of the new line. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lottiem
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter the column and print the result based on condition

Hi all This is my output of the some SQL Query TABLESPACE_NAME FILE_NAME TOTALSPACE FREESPACE USEDSPACE Free ------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------- ---------- --------- ---------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read how many times same result occurs?

Is there a way to read how many times each result occurs in a list, say the list.txt has the results: a c d a f c a d e and I need to know how many times each of them occurs such as : a=3 c=2 ..etc. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Read command result as variable

Hi all, Is there a simple way to read a command output as a variable? I've running a batch file to do: attrib.exe * | find /c /v "" >filecount.txt but rather than write it to the txt file I'd like to read the total in as a variable to pass to the rest of the bat file... Any help much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting specific column and add result in output

Hi all, I have a quick question: I have a 4 column tab-separated file. I want to count the number of times each unique value in column 2 appears and add that number in a 5th column. I have the following input file: waterline-n below-sheath-v 14.8097 A dock-n below-sheath-v ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read first column and count lines in second column using awk

Hello all, I would like to ask your help here: I've a huge file that has 2 columns. A part of it is: sorted.txt: kss23 rml.67lkj kss23 zhh.6gf kss23 nhd.09.fdd kss23 hp.767.88.89 fl67 nmdsfs.56.df.67 fl67 kk.fgf.98.56.n fl67 bgdgdfg.hjj.879.d fl66 kl..hfh.76.ghg fl66... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padavan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Add column and multiply its result to all elements of another column

Input file is as follows: 1 | 6 2 | 7 3 | 8 4 | 9 5 | 10 Output reuired (sum of the first column $1*$2) 1 | 6 | 90 2 | 7 | 105 3 | 8 | 120 4 |9 | 135 5 |10 | 150 Please enclose sample input, sample output, and code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
5 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)