Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to disable dhclient
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to disable dhclient Post 302424287 by fpmurphy on Monday 24th of May 2010 11:55:39 PM
Old 05-25-2010
Try changing BOOTPROTO to:
Code:
BOOTPROTO=none

If that does not work revert to using BOOTPROTO=static and check if your version of RedHat comes with NetworkManager. If this is the case turn NetworkManager off and disable using service/chkcfg.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable X

Im sure this is somthing easy to do but i just can not figure it out where and how would i take X out of the boot for hp ux 11 i looked in the man's and nothing so maybe sombody could throw me a bone... thanks BB (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disable su

i have this unix version "unix v/386" and i want to disable su kindly help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

3. AIX

disable rsh

Dear Frndz, Could you please help me How to disable rsh login in aix. Also, I want to know how to open a port for particular application in the serevr side in Aix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to disable SU right

Anyone know how to disable SU right for a particular user in Solaris 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Firewall disable

hello i am running an application whicks /proc/net/ip_tables_name and then give firewall ruuning error hence i have to completely remove my firewall from fedora ... i have already removed iptables using yum remove iptables... also i have to know how a file gets stored in the proc/net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudeepiit
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu dhclient and wimax problem

I use Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix and Intel wimax drivers to connect to wimax networks, but recently I faced with some problems with connection even when the signal is available and it is at some proper level... Here is system log, which may concerns problem occurred: dhclient: Can't allocate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow down output from dhclient-script to screen

Hi I know the basic about script and sleep processes. However this is more tricky: I would like to run sh -x /sbin/dhclient-script and slow down the output of the script as a whole. How would you do it? I would like to delay output on the screen with 1 second for every line for the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: medium_linux
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to disable ping?

Hello Guys, how do you disable ping in solaris 10? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies
dhclient.leases(5)						File Formats Manual						dhclient.leases(5)

NAME
dhclient.leases - DHCP client lease database DESCRIPTION
The Internet Software Consortium DHCP client keeps a persistent database of leases that it has acquired that are still valid. The data- base is a free-form ASCII file containing one valid declaration per lease. If more than one declaration appears for a given lease, the last one in the file is used. The file is written as a log, so this is not an unusual occurrance. The format of the lease declarations is described in dhclient.conf(5). FILES
/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.leases SEE ALSO
dhclient(8), dhcp-options(5), dhclient.conf(5), dhcpd(8), dhcpd.conf(5), RFC2132, RFC2131. AUTHOR
dhclient(8) was written by Ted Lemon under a contract with Vixie Labs. Funding for this project was provided by the Internet Software Consortium. Information about the Internet Software Consortium can be found at http://www.isc.org. dhclient.leases(5)