Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Web Sharing??? Not working
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Web Sharing??? Not working Post 302424019 by dlundh on Monday 24th of May 2010 03:41:31 AM
Old 05-24-2010
If you check (from a terminal) with the command
netstat -an
what services are listening? Is the webserver port (80) listening?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

2. Web Development

NFS file sharing among web servers

I'm exploring the possibility of load balancing 2 web servers and have both access an NFS share on an NFS server. I'm wondering which types of data would need to reside on the webservers and the NFS server. Would the entire web directory (HTML, CSS, images, documents) all reside in the NFS server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaspol
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

sharing web files via NFS mount

I'm planning to load balance 2 web servers. I'm considering mounting an NFS share between the 2 servers so they can share the data. My question is: does this setup offset some of the benefits of load balancing? although there are 2 web servers, they both still access a single NFS server. Wouldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaspol
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Trying to enable "web sharing" from terminal

I am using phproxy on my mac. I would like to be able to enable / disable web sharing from the command line, so I can turn it on only when I need it(remotely). I remember reading that the "screen sharing" can be set on/off in /Library/Preferences I don't see any obvious preferences for "web... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chancho
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working web service call not working with curl

Hello, Newbie here, I have a perfectly well working web service call I can issue from chrome (PC Windows 10) and get the results I want (a dimmer being turned on in Fibaro Home Center 2 at level 40) I am not allowed to post urls but the below works with http and :// and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abigbear
3 Replies
plpftp(1)							   User commands							 plpftp(1)

NAME
plpftp - FTP-like program for manipulating files on the Psion. SYNOPSIS
plpftp [-h] [-V] [-p [host:]port] [long-options] [ FTP-command [parameters]] DESCRIPTION
plpftp provides an FTP style interface for the psion. It requires the ncpd to be running already to provide access to the serial port. plpftp has online help. To see the available commands start the program and enter "help". OPTIONS
-V, --version Display the version and exit -h, --help Display a short help text and exit. -p, --port=[host:]port Specify the host and port to connect to (e.g. The port where ncpd is listening on) - by default the host is 127.0.0.1 and the port is looked up in /etc/services. If it is not found there, a builtin value of 7501 is used. FTP-command parameters Allows you to specify an plpftp command on the command line. If specified, plpftp enters non interactive mode and terminates after executing the command. SEE ALSO
ncpd(8), plpfuse(8), plpprintd(8), sisinstall(1) AUTHOR
Fritz Elfert Heavily based on p3nfsd by Rudolf Koenig (rfkoenig@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de) and plp_1_7 by Philip Proudman (phil@proud- man51.freeserve.co.uk) Man page by John Lines (john+plpman@paladin.demon.co.uk) plptools 1.0.9 2007/12/26 plpftp(1)