Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strings in arrays
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Strings in arrays Post 302423270 by Scott on Thursday 20th of May 2010 01:42:17 PM
Old 05-20-2010
Hi.

What's wrong with continuing this discussion here?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two arrays or strings in bash

Hi there, im having issue with comparing two variables, in a bash script. im trying to do the following: - get a word from user 1 - split the word into array - get a character from user2 trying to compare the character entered by user 2 with every single character in the array... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2Linux
2 Replies

2. Web Development

PHP arrays in arrays

PHP question... I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person with values "Fred", "Bert", "Tom" etc So what I want to do is display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2

Hello guys, should be a very easy questn for you: I need to delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2. like file2: word1_word2_ word3_word5_ word3_word4_ word6_word7_ file1: word1_word2_otherwords..,word3_word5_others... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
7 Replies

4. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make arrays from strings in bash?

Hey all, This is my first post, and I am relatively new to linux/unix scripts. I am writing a bash script in which I am trying to extract one line from another file and parse specific words from the line into an array. So for example, I have a file called SortScans in which the first 5 lines... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: camocazi
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings between 2 arrays and print number in AWK

Hi to everyone, Please some help over here. Hi have array a with 6 elements and array b with 3 elements as shown inside BEGIN{} statement. I need help to get the correct sintax (the part in red) to compare if string from array b is in array a and print the number related for each match.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays in bash using strings to bash built-in true

I have the following code and for some reason when I call the program using /home/tcdata/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/bin/bash/raytrac.bash --cmod=jcdint.cmod I get hasArgument = hasArgument = true Somehow the array element is returning even though I have not chosen the option. ... (41 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
41 Replies

9. Programming

Arrays of strings in GFORTRAN errors

Hello I am using gfortran and I intended to do thiis: Module variables character(len=:), dimension(:), allocatable, array end module variables Sub test use variables integer (max_len) max_len=len_trim("something here") if(.not.allocated(array))... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepe
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)					 Terminal control				      term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)