Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris A DT Message error on login... other symptoms Post 302421224 by mpb218 on Thursday 13th of May 2010 10:50:41 PM
Old 05-13-2010
Update:

Still not solved, however I instructed them (on site folk) that an option is to remove the processor and hard drive and put it in a separate VME cage to eliminate the backplane.

ALSO!

They sent me the errors that popup on bootup! About time!

ip_rput_dlpi(li0): DL_Error_Ack
DL_Attack_reg(11), errno 8, unix 0

DL_Bind_Req (1)
DL_Unbind_Req (2)
DL_Detach_Req (12)

ifconfig: SIOC SLIFNAME for IP: li0
No such interface

It might not be exact, they wrote it on the fly... the lio part... it's gotta be important due to /etc/hostname.li0? The file exists on the disk for sure, but it's not seeing it???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix login welcome message

When I telnet to a unix server someone put a stupid message there: Last login: Mon Nov 15 16:59:13 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.8 Generic Patch October 2001 YO! <-- message Mon Nov 15 17:19:05 EST 2004 How did they do it and how can I find out who did it? ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: webtekie
17 Replies

2. Solaris

troubleshooting log detailing symptoms/error msgs/fix actions for NIS+ client authent

summary found at bottom. to skip straight to action summary, ctrl+f for <summary> this initially started with trouble changing passwords due to client being unable to authenticate, this was further caused by missing client files. This was transparent to me, so this details the road I took,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove login message

Hi All expert, I am about to perform remote shell to another unix server. But whenever i logged in into the remote server, the message prompt, "Setting up environment for MCI backend databases on Oracle 9.2^J" I'm suppose to rsh and cat a flat file that return only number. I tried "nohup"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect"

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect" deny user login for user id tom sudo passwd -l tom type username and type password on login prompt and then it will display login failure message "login incorrect" console ############ login: tom password: login incorrect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login message

hi friends.....can anyone help me out.... i want to display a message whenever a user logs in...like goodmorning,goodafternoon etc depending on the time of login.can anyone suggest a shell script for this???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

telnet banner message before login

why I didn't set /etc/inetd.conf telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd \ telnetd -b /etc/issue only telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd in /etc/ineted.conf but when I telnet my HPUX machine it shows those message HP-UX hp1008 B.11.31 U ia64 (tb) login: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IO performance symptoms

Hello, Does anyone have a good link which outlines symptoms for different performance issues related to IO? I am looking for data I can compare to my IOSTAT or VMSTAT output. For example, I am trying to see if my disk is thrashing..does anyone have output on vmstat or iostat from when there disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vada010
3 Replies

8. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change banner message for console login?

Hi All, Whenever I login to server via console, after providing username (root) it displays a banner message. I want to remove this message Serverabc : root Welcome to Server !!! Password: It is Centos 5.4 box. I have checked /etc/issue and /etc/motd. It does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
8 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Login message

My location is set to London. Why does the 2nd line of my welcome message say "You are somewhere around Glasgow."? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Robert W.Mills
1 Replies
WREN(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   WREN(3)

NAME
wren, ata - hard disk interface SYNOPSIS
bind #H[drive] /dev bind #w[target[.lun]] /dev /dev/hd0disk /dev/hd0partition /dev/sd0disk /dev/sd0partition ... DESCRIPTION
The hard disk interfaces (wren, #w, is a SCSI disk; ata, #H, is an IDE or ATA disk) serve a one-level directory giving access to the hard disk partitions. The parameter to attach defines the numerical SCSI target and logical unit number or the IDE drive number to access. Both default to zero. Each partition name is prefixed by hd and the numeric drive identifier. The partition always exists and covers the entire disk. The size of each partition as reported by stat(2) is the number of bytes in the partition, so the size of is the size of the entire disk. The partition also always exists; it is the last block on the disk for SCSI, second to last for IDE. If it contains valid partition data, those partitions will be visible as well. Every time the device is bound, the partitions are updated to reflect any changes in the parti- tion file. The format of the partition file is the string plan9 partitions on a line, followed by partition specifications, one per line, consisting of a name and textual strings for the block start and limit for each partition on the disk. The program prep(8) writes the partition table for the disk; its use is preferred to writing it by hand. SEE ALSO
prep(8), scsi(3) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devwren.c /sys/src/9/pc/devata.c WREN(3)