Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris operation plz help
Operating Systems Solaris solaris operation plz help Post 302420437 by drdex on Tuesday 11th of May 2010 03:42:16 PM
Old 05-11-2010
solaris operation plz help

solaris operation Smilie ive tryd that comand in the terminal but seems not finding the wine program i downloaded it from winehq.com and it downloaded to the downloads folder as a TAR.BZ2 file so i extracted that in the downloads file but thats as far as ive got any help would be great finding this process hard to understand!Smilie

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Double post. Continue here

Last edited by Scott; 05-11-2010 at 05:09 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split operation

Hello, How to undo split operation ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 dualboot with Win Xp sp2 ....Plz help !!!!!

Hi All , I am new to solaris & i would like to explore it to taste a flavour of Unix. Before I installed I did a lot of googling as I did not want to play with the data i have on win XP & finally installed Solaris in a dual mode option along with Win XP. These are the steps i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codewarrior
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with arithmetic operation

I am using egrep to extract numbers from a file and storing them as variables in a script. But I am not able to do any arithmetic operations on the variables using "expr" because it stores them as char and not integers. Here is my code and the error I get. Any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emjayshaikh
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat operation

Hi, Can anyone explain me what is the functionality of this code cat << EOF > $TSTFILE /$1/ { print "SENT" } EOF Suggestions welcome Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 password recovery plz HELP!!!!!

Hello board, I'm new to Solaris Linux world, trying to learn on my onw, as I notice the windows is a big fraud.... OK let me get to my issue: I have a SOlaris 8 X86 that I don;t have a password and even the screen is disabled(assuming for the security reasons) I just see a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexOne
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string operation

I am trying to ask for full name in a script, Then echo back to the user with the surname only, omitting the first name. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orjnet
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed OR-Operation

Hello, I'm trying to get the configuration-IP-Addresses from Cisco-configurations on the Routers they are defined as a Loopback0-interface like this: interface Loopback0 ip address 172.23.19.249 255.255.255.255 On the Switches they are defined as a VLAN 80 interface like this ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sally[-_-]
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)