Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Running oracle commands Directly from Command Line Post 302420318 by pludi on Tuesday 11th of May 2010 09:31:05 AM
Old 05-11-2010
Something like this:
Code:
sqlplus -S user/password@sid << EOF
select sysdate from dual;
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands and Command Line Flags

Hello I'm very new to unix, am learning it as part of my new job. I have a book which has a list in the back, of a number of commands and their command line flags, detailing what these flags are used for. I've been looking everywhere for an electronic copy of this type of list, so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kedgeboy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script an Oracle Command Line Blackout

Has anyone scripted an OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) blackout within a shell script? I can script the "emctl blackout" command, however, there are issues with unique names, etc. in 10g and I hate to re-create the wheel if someone has found a great way to do this. Thanks for your time. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattieatte
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

command su : enter directly

Hi, a simple question : How can I sent user and password to the command su. I need this for a script, but the problem is the command su wait for the password. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvaquerm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running two commands in one line

hi! how do i run 2 command from the same line e.g: 'which screen' and then ls -la 'which screen' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
4 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you use UNIX commands in the Windows Command Line?

I tried opening the windows command line and typing UNIX commands, but they don't work. It kept saying that it was not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Removed strange sentence with even stranger link I need to use UNIX commands such as 'less',... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlay2
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output directly with DOS end of line

Hi guys, I have some echo scripts and awk scripts like these: echo "some text" > output1 . . awk '{....}{print}' input > output2Both output1 and output2 are saved with unix END Of Line, then, is there an option to include within echo command and awk command to save the output as DOS END Of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running multiple commands withing su command

RHEL 6.2/Bash shell root user will be executing the below script. It switches to oracle user and expect to do the following things A. Source the environment variables for BATGPRD Database (the file used for sourcing is shown below after the script) B. Shutdown the DB from sqlplus -- The... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
mysql(1)							  MySQL database							  mysql(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - Fixes MySQL privilege tables. SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables [mysql_root_password] DESCRIPTION
This scripts updates the mysql.user, mysql.db, mysql.host and the mysql.func tables to MySQL 3.22.14 and above. This is needed if you want to use the new GRANT functions, CREATE AGGREGATE FUNCTION or want to use the more secure passwords in 3.23 If you get 'Access denied' errors, run the script again and give the MySQL root user password as an argument. SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org>. MySQL is available at http://www.mysql.com/. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 17 March 2003 mysql(1)