Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remote file execution
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote file execution Post 302420205 by @dagio on Tuesday 11th of May 2010 03:24:22 AM
Old 05-11-2010
Also one question from my side.Is it possible to include the password in the command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote execution

Hi everybody, sorry if the question will be too trivial for some of you, but I'm not a unix shell programmer expert. I need to write a script that allows me to rlogin to another machine, check the load (cpu and mem usage) of the new machine, start a process (that will run in the background) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragmelo
5 Replies

2. AIX

remote execution

good morning I would like copy and execute a shell script on a remote server telnet is not autorize, so i use ssh: scp to copy and ssh to execute But with the scp, the permissions are not saved and the file 's permission on the remote server is r--r--r-- , so i can't execute it Can you help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote command execution

We have multiple Unix servers and a particular command can only be executed in one of the box from a specific path. I have password-less ssh set up for all the boxes. I am unsure the command to use to execute that particular command from any other box. To be specific say program named _my_exe_ can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote execution of find -exec

Hi folks I am working on a script which lists files of a specific pattern on a remote m/c and tar&zip them to another remote m/c via a centralized server. M/C details: remote1 - OSF1 vayu V5.1 2650 alpha remote2 - cygwin based windows server central - SunOS phys-chenab 5.8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalbull
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with remote execution of a script

does anyone know how can i execute a script which i locally run as " . /etc/local/host/src.srvr -D ." need to execute above command in rexec command. if i put the command as it is it does not run. Sorry but i am naive in scripting. Thanks rexec sgplqim -l vau -n ' ' (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NK4U
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Remote execution of QTP from LInux

Hi, We have maven build setup on linux machine and QTP on windows machine. Now, we want to launch QTP from the maven build process which would execute a series of test scripts and return the outcome to the maven process. Based on the result, the maven would have to pass or fail. I tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevaraj2
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Log remote execution over SSH

If a user execute commands remotely over ssh : $ ssh USERNAME@SERVER COMMANDSHow the SERVER administrator can log those COMMANDS executed in a "not a tty" session ? I searched for my question and get the following suggestions:Anybody give help how to do this ? what the content of "/bin/bash "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

output from remote server during execution of a script

How to see the output from remote server during execution of a script ? I am executing a script (ls) from machine 1 but the o/p should be displayed in machine 2. Can I achieve this ? Example:- Machine 1:- # ls Machine 2:- (console) file1 file2 file 3 dir1 dir2 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies
SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)                         systemd-tty-ask-password-agent                         SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)

NAME
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent - List or process pending systemd password requests SYNOPSIS
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent [OPTIONS...] [VARIABLE=VALUE...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent is a password agent that handles password requests of the system, for example for hard disk encryption passwords or SSL certificate passwords that need to be queried at boot-time or during runtime. systemd-tty-ask-password-agent implements the Password Agents Specification[1], and is one of many possible response agents which answer to queries formulated with systemd-ask-password(1). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --list Lists all currently pending system password requests. --query Process all currently pending system password requests by querying the user on the calling TTY. --watch Continuously process password requests. --wall Forward password requests to wall(1) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --plymouth Ask question with plymouth(8) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --console Ask question on /dev/console instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd-ask-password-console.service(8), wall(1), plymouth(8) NOTES
1. Password Agents Specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)