Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remote file execution
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote file execution Post 302419991 by crunch10c on Monday 10th of May 2010 09:14:27 AM
Old 05-10-2010
Remote file execution

Hello, I'm new to scripting so, sorry if this is a dumb question. What's the best way to execute a .sh file remotely? I want to log into server "b" from server "a" & run a script. "./scriptname.sh". At this point, all I'm looking to do is a simple ls -la > output.txt within the script to capture the current contents of the directory that I navigated to. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote execution

Hi everybody, sorry if the question will be too trivial for some of you, but I'm not a unix shell programmer expert. I need to write a script that allows me to rlogin to another machine, check the load (cpu and mem usage) of the new machine, start a process (that will run in the background) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragmelo
5 Replies

2. AIX

remote execution

good morning I would like copy and execute a shell script on a remote server telnet is not autorize, so i use ssh: scp to copy and ssh to execute But with the scp, the permissions are not saved and the file 's permission on the remote server is r--r--r-- , so i can't execute it Can you help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote command execution

We have multiple Unix servers and a particular command can only be executed in one of the box from a specific path. I have password-less ssh set up for all the boxes. I am unsure the command to use to execute that particular command from any other box. To be specific say program named _my_exe_ can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote execution of find -exec

Hi folks I am working on a script which lists files of a specific pattern on a remote m/c and tar&zip them to another remote m/c via a centralized server. M/C details: remote1 - OSF1 vayu V5.1 2650 alpha remote2 - cygwin based windows server central - SunOS phys-chenab 5.8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalbull
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with remote execution of a script

does anyone know how can i execute a script which i locally run as " . /etc/local/host/src.srvr -D ." need to execute above command in rexec command. if i put the command as it is it does not run. Sorry but i am naive in scripting. Thanks rexec sgplqim -l vau -n ' ' (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NK4U
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Remote execution of QTP from LInux

Hi, We have maven build setup on linux machine and QTP on windows machine. Now, we want to launch QTP from the maven build process which would execute a series of test scripts and return the outcome to the maven process. Based on the result, the maven would have to pass or fail. I tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevaraj2
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Log remote execution over SSH

If a user execute commands remotely over ssh : $ ssh USERNAME@SERVER COMMANDSHow the SERVER administrator can log those COMMANDS executed in a "not a tty" session ? I searched for my question and get the following suggestions:Anybody give help how to do this ? what the content of "/bin/bash "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

output from remote server during execution of a script

How to see the output from remote server during execution of a script ? I am executing a script (ls) from machine 1 but the o/p should be displayed in machine 2. Can I achieve this ? Example:- Machine 1:- # ls Machine 2:- (console) file1 file2 file 3 dir1 dir2 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies
TEXTDUMP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       TEXTDUMP(4)

NAME
textdump -- textdump kernel dumping facility SYNOPSIS
options KDB options DDB DESCRIPTION
The textdump facility allows the capture of kernel debugging information to disk in a human-readable rather than the machine-readable form normally used with kernel memory dumps and minidumps. This representation, while less complete in that it does not capture full kernel state, can provide debugging information in a more compact, portable, and persistent form than a traditional dump. By combining textdump with other ddb(4) facilities, such as scripting and output capture, detailed bug information can be captured in a fully automated manner. FORMAT
textdump data is stored in a dump partition in the same style as a regular memory dump, and will be automatically extracted by savecore(8) if present on boot. textdump files are stored in the tar(5) format, and consist of one or more text files, each storing a particular type of debugging output. The following parts may be present: ddb.txt Captured ddb(4) output, if the capture facility has been used. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_ddb sysctl. config.txt Kernel configuration, if has been compiled into the kernel. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_config sysctl. msgbuf.txt Kernel message buffer, including recent console output if the capture facility has been used. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_msgbuf sysctl. panic.txt Kernel panic string, if the kernel panicked before the dump was generated. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_panic sysctl. version.txt Kernel version string. My be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_version sysctl. Kernel textdumps may be extracted using tar(1). CONFIGURATION
The textdump facility is enabled as part of the kernel debugger using options KDB and options DDB. By default, kernel dumps generated on panic or via explicit requests for a dump will be regular memory dumps; however, by using the textdump set command in ddb(4), or by setting the debug.ddb.textdump.pending sysctl to 1 using sysctl(8), it is possible to request that the next dump be a textdump. If at the ddb(4) command line, the commands textdump set, textdump status, and textdump unset may be used to set, query, and clear the textdump pending flag. As with regular kernel dumps, a dump partition must be automatically or manually configured using dumpon(8). EXAMPLES
In the following example, the script kdb.enter.panic will run when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a panic, enable output cap- ture, dump several useful pieces of debugging information, and then invoke panic in order to force a kernel dump to be written out followed by a reboot: script kdb.enter.panic=textdump set; capture on; show allpcpu; bt; ps; alltrace; show alllock; call doadump; reset In the following example, the script kdb.enter.witness will run when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a witness violation, printing lock-related information for the user: script kdb.enter.witness=show locks These scripts may also be configured using the ddb(8) utility. SEE ALSO
tar(1), ddb(4), tar(5), ddb(8), dumpon(8), savecore(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The textdump facility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
The textdump facility was created by Robert N. M. Watson. BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD