Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: merge lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting merge lines Post 302419870 by rdcwayx on Monday 10th of May 2010 12:41:58 AM
Old 05-10-2010
I got the right output:

Code:
$ cat urfile
a b c
1 2 3

$ awk '{if (NR%2) {split($0,a," ")} else {for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) print a[i], $i}}' urfile
a 1
b 2
c 3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines into one

Source data file from oracle, terminated by ",". 'Cause some of fields have \r\n, then those lines were splitted into multiple lines in the expoted data file. Just vi this file, and found ^M. How to concatenate these line into one if it has a ^M at then end. thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anypager
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two lines

Hi I have two lines of data formatted as displayed below shop, price, remark, date a,#N/A,order to -fd, 20091011 and would like it to be shop:a price:#N/A remark:order to -fd date:20091011 How can I do it? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 2 lines in file

Hi All, I have a data in flat file like below. Some of the information are in second row. 111_ABCProcess ----- ----- IN 0/0 111_PQRTrimPRocess ----- ----- OI 0/0 111_ZigZagTrimProcess ----- ----- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge same pattern lines together

Hi people... I normally find with out any problem the solutions I need just by searching. But for this I'm not having any joy or jsut failing to adapt what I'ev found to work. I have applciation report that doesn't allow for manipulation at creation so I want to do some post modifcation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge lines together in unix

I have a file like this. Pls help me to solve this in ksh (I should look for only Message : 111 and need to print the start time to end time Need to ignore other type of messages. Ex: if first message is 111 and second message is 000 or anything else then ignore the 2nd one and print start time... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjx
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two lines using sed

Hi, I am trying to merge two lines, first line starts with a particular pattern and second line ends with a particular pattern in a file. Something like: First line starts with say ABC Second line ends with say XYZ After a merge, the line should become ABC.......XYZ I tried... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunny Arora
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To merge a few lines to 1 line

Hi Experts, This is my input file. input.txt 0 /dev/fd 25 /var 1 /tmp 1 /var/run 1. If this file has single line, then leave it, print the single line else merge the 4 lines above into 1 line as below e.g (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: streddy
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove blank lines and merge lines in shell

Hi, I'm not a expert in shell programming, so i've come here to take help from u gurus. I'm trying to tailor a csv file that i got to make it work for the LOAD FROM command. I've a datatable csv of the below format - --in file format xx,xx,xx ,xx , , , , ,,xx, xxxx,, ,, xxx,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines

Hello I have a file with CAR 23 COLOR 12 CAR 44 COLOR 12 CAR 55 COLOR 20 SIZE BIG CAR 56 CAR 57 COLOR 11 How can merge the CAR and the COLOR + SIZE (if there are COLOR,SIZE) CAR 23 COLOR 12 CAR 44 COLOR 12 CAR 55 COLOR 20 SIZE BIG CAR 56 CAR 57 COLOR 11 Every line begin in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharong
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Lines

Hello I have an input as below this is test we are( ) one end of description I am looking for output this is test we are () one end of description (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
2 Replies
Algorithm::Munkres(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Algorithm::Munkres(3pm)

NAME
Algorithm::Munkres - Perl extension for Munkres' solution to classical Assignment problem for square and rectangular matrices This module extends the solution of Assignment problem for square matrices to rectangular matrices by padding zeros. Thus a rectangular matrix is converted to square matrix by padding necessary zeros. SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::Munkres; @mat = ( [2, 4, 7, 9], [3, 9, 5, 1], [8, 2, 9, 7], ); assign(@mat,@out_mat); Then the @out_mat array will have the output as: (0,3,1,2), where 0th element indicates that 0th row is assigned 0th column i.e value=2 1st element indicates that 1st row is assigned 3rd column i.e.value=1 2nd element indicates that 2nd row is assigned 1st column.i.e.value=2 3rd element indicates that 3rd row is assigned 2nd column.i.e.value=0 DESCRIPTION
Assignment Problem: Given N jobs, N workers and the time taken by each worker to complete a job then how should the assignment of a Worker to a Job be done, so as to minimize the time taken. Thus if we have 3 jobs p,q,r and 3 workers x,y,z such that: x y z p 2 4 7 q 3 9 5 r 8 2 9 where the cell values of the above matrix give the time required for the worker(given by column name) to complete the job(given by the row name) then possible solutions are: Total 1. 2, 9, 9 20 2. 2, 2, 5 9 3. 3, 4, 9 16 4. 3, 2, 7 12 5. 8, 9, 7 24 6. 8, 4, 5 17 Thus(2) is the optimal solution for the above problem. This kind of brute-force approach of solving Assignment problem quickly becomes slow and bulky as N grows, because the number of possible solution are N! and thus the task is to evaluate each and then find the optimal solution.(If N=10, number of possible solutions: 3628800 !) Munkres' gives us a solution to this problem, which is implemented in this module. This module also solves Assignment problem for rectangular matrices (M x N) by converting them to square matrices by padding zeros. ex: If input matrix is: [2, 4, 7, 9], [3, 9, 5, 1], [8, 2, 9, 7] i.e 3 x 4 then we will convert it to 4 x 4 and the modified input matrix will be: [2, 4, 7, 9], [3, 9, 5, 1], [8, 2, 9, 7], [0, 0, 0, 0] EXPORT
"assign" function by default. INPUT
The input matrix should be in a two dimensional array(array of array) and the 'assign' subroutine expects a reference to this array and not the complete array. eg:assign(@inp_mat, @out_mat); The second argument to the assign subroutine is the reference to the output array. OUTPUT
The assign subroutine expects references to two arrays as its input paramenters. The second parameter is the reference to the output array. This array is populated by assign subroutine. This array is single dimensional Nx1 matrix. For above example the output array returned will be: (0, 2, 1) where 0th element indicates that 0th row is assigned 0th column i.e value=2 1st element indicates that 1st row is assigned 2nd column i.e.value=5 2nd element indicates that 2nd row is assigned 1st column.i.e.value=2 SEE ALSO
1. http://216.249.163.93/bob.pilgrim/445/munkres.html 2. Munkres, J. Algorithms for the assignment and transportation Problems. J. Siam 5 (Mar. 1957), 32-38 3. FranA~Xois Bourgeois and Jean-Claude Lassalle. 1971. An extension of the Munkres algorithm for the assignment problem to rectangular matrices. Communication ACM, 14(12):802-804 AUTHOR
Anagha Kulkarni, University of Minnesota Duluth kulka020 <at> d.umn.edu Ted Pedersen, University of Minnesota Duluth tpederse <at> d.umn.edu COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2007-2008, Ted Pedersen and Anagha Kulkarni This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. perl v5.10.0 2008-10-22 Algorithm::Munkres(3pm)