Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: write() / read() syntax
Special Forums IP Networking write() / read() syntax Post 302419639 by karthik1238 on Friday 7th of May 2010 04:22:28 PM
Old 05-07-2010
i thik it should be

Code:
int len=sprintf(buf,"%d %d", val1, val2); 
send(sock, buf, len, 0);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

popening for read and write

How can 'popen()' be used for reading and writing to opening pipe? If i try 'popen("prog", "rw")' and then put and get chars - it does not work. What is wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: szzz
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I write multiple variable syntax?

I am trying to write a script that will do a sql statement. But in the sql I will have a list (1,2,3,4). How would I go about asking for the input from the user running the script, and then transferring that back into the list as say ($var1,$var2,$var3)? It would be somewhat like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Captain
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

4. Programming

read/write files

Hi all, I have a problem with some read/write functions. I have a .bin file which contains a lot of structures as follows: struct alumno { char id; char apellido1; char apellido2; char nombre; float nota1p; float nota2p; float notamedia; char photofilename; }; What I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Attenea
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

6. Programming

Need help about read() and write() on TCP/IP

HI I need to implement a client/server TCP application. the customer is the client and the bartender is the server. When the customer enter the Bar, client connects to the server Server should reply the client immediately. Other wise if the server is busy, it should send an update message... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lixiao1212
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Psed syntax -- specifically the write option

EDIT: Nevermind. I found a forth kludge to get around the psed requirement! Short version: I'm trying to use the "w" flag with psed to write all substituted lines into another file. No matter how many times I read the man pages or search with Google, I can't seem to find the proper syntax... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CluelessPerson
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISQL syntax can't read

Hi Everyone, newbie here, please help me i can't read the code i'm confused reading this code. select c.net_svc_id, c.inst_st_dt into ${REO_RECON_USERID_LUZON_TEMP} from ${WO_INST_SITE_COMP_FIELDS} a, ${WO_INST_SITE_COMPONENTS} b, ${WO_INST} c where a.cust_ac_no = b.cust_ac_no and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Read and Write

I have got a file in following format: AAAAAAA BBBBBBBB CCCCCCC DDDDDDD I am trying to read this file and out put it in following format: AAAAAAA,BBBBBBB,CCCCCCC,DDDDDD Preferred method is shell or Perl. Any help appreciated. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Araoki
11 Replies

10. Programming

FIFO write and read

Can someone help me to write this program in C in QNX? Using the FIFO queues write a simple communication system consisting of programs write and read. The program write the parameters given strings enclosed in single quotes. These strings are written to the FIFO file. Reads the program read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebasse2
1 Replies
muroarstream(1) 					System User's Manual: muroarstream					   muroarstream(1)

NAME
muroarstream - Simple RoarAudio client SYNOPSIS
muroarstream [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
muroarstream is a simple client for the RoarAudio sound system. It is based on muRoar (libmuroar). It can only be used to send data to or get data from the server. No control functionality is supported. OPTIONS
--help Display a brief help. -f --file FILE Sets the file to read from or write to. --server SERVER Sets the server to SERVER. Default is to auto detect the server. (see below) -R --rate RATE Sets the sample rate. This defaults to 44100Hz. -C --channels CHANS Sets the number of channels. this defaults to 2 channels (stereo). Symbolic names "mono" and "stereo" as well as "default" can be used. -B --bits BITS Sets the number of bits per sample. The default is 16bit per sample. -E --codec CODEC Sets the codec to use. The default depends on used subsystem. For Waveform it uses Signed native PCM, for Light DMX512 and for MIDI MIDI. The following symbolic names can be used: default, pcm, pcm_s, pcm_u, ogg_vorbis, vorbis, alaw, mulaw, ulaw, dmx512, roardmx, midi. --play Use Playback mode (send data to the server). This is the default. --monitor Use monitor mode (get a copy of the played data from the server). --wave Use Waveform subsystem (default). --midi Use MIDI subsystem. --light Use Light Control subsystem. AUTO DETECTION
The server will be auto located if no server name is given. First it will look for the environment variable $ROAR_SERVER. If this vari- able is non existing libmuroar will do the auto location based on a list of possible server locations. This list contains the global UNIX socket address, the user's private socket address and an entry for localhost using TCP/IP. The UNIX socket addresses are only compiled in if UNIX socket support is detected. SEE ALSO
roarcat(1), RoarAudio(7). muRoar 22 February 2010 muroarstream(1)