Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX Console trouble, please help !!!! Post 302418006 by fpmurphy on Sunday 2nd of May 2010 09:11:35 AM
Old 05-02-2010
What settings are you using on the serial line? Try setting the serial line to 9600 8-N-1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

trouble

Hello, The system reboots in single user mode what command to use to bring the system up regularly?? I get INIT: cannot create /var/adm/utmpx Type control -d to proceede with a normal startup or give root passwd for system maintaince. either way i don't have a change and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: awk
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

The trouble with...

Welcome to "The trouble with...." with your host, ZazzyBob. Todays offering - "The trouble with letting other people host your website" I use a certain web hosting service, who shall of course remain nameless here. They are running PHP 4.3.10 I decide to write a script to test their PHP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The trouble about SU ...

Hi all, having read lots of posts about SU I don't quiet understand this : I'm doing regular backups of my database (u betta do) and therefore use su - username -c "sqlscript special data_base" in a unixscript which is even using cron. (yep!) Now I need some other script, still with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Trouble with tr

I'm not sure where to post this but it's happening on a SunOS 5.8 server so I'll try here. I've discovered some unexpected behavior when using tr. For example: echo a | tr Z echo b | tr a echo a | tr B echo a | tr B echo a | tr A (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike@Work
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X trouble

Hi there, I'm new to unix-environments. I'm richard, and i'm mostly a web-developer, under php. I've done work in unix env before, but never had my own. Today, I've got debian 3.1 r4 from the official site, and i've attempted to install it twice. I installed it initially as "Desktop... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: izua
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

9. Programming

Trouble with C

Hey, i am having a problem First, i know java well and i have used C++ on occasion so i thought i would be able to deal with a class where they program in C. unfortunately i have hit some speed bumps that i am having problems. Here is my problem: I have a structure cache_t in the sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephoid
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies
LDATTACH(8)						       System Administration						       LDATTACH(8)

NAME
ldattach - attach a line discipline to a serial line SYNOPSIS
ldattach [-dhV78neo12] [-s speed] [-i iflag] ldisc device DESCRIPTION
The ldattach daemon opens the specified device file (which should refer to a serial device) and attaches the line discipline ldisc to it for processing of the sent and/or received data. It then goes into the background keeping the device open so that the line discipline stays loaded. The line discipline ldisc may be specified either by name or by number. In order to detach the line discipline, kill(1) the ldattach process. With no arguments, ldattach prints usage information. LINE DISCIPLINES
Depending on the kernel release, the following line disciplines are supported: TTY(0) The default line discipline, providing transparent operation (raw mode) as well as the habitual terminal line editing capabilities (cooked mode). SLIP(1) Serial Line IP (SLIP) protocol processor for transmitting TCP/IP packets over serial lines. MOUSE(2) Device driver for RS232 connected pointing devices (serial mice). PPP(3) Point to Point Protocol (PPP) processor for transmitting network packets over serial lines. STRIP(4) AX25(5) X25(6) Line driver for transmitting X.25 packets over asynchronous serial lines. 6PACK(7) R3964(9) Driver for Simatic R3964 module. IRDA(11) Linux IrDa (infrared data transmission) driver - see http://irda.sourceforge.net/ HDLC(13) Synchronous HDLC driver. SYNC_PPP(14) Synchronous PPP driver. HCI(15) Bluetooth HCI UART driver. GIGASET_M101(16) Driver for Siemens Gigaset M101 serial DECT adapter. PPS(18) Driver for serial line Pulse Per Second (PPS) source. OPTIONS
-d | --debug Causes ldattach to stay in the foreground so that it can be interrupted or debugged, and to print verbose messages about its progress to the standard error output. -h | --help Prints a usage message and exits. -V | --version Prints the program version. -s value | --speed value Set the speed of the serial line to the specified value. -7 | --sevenbits Sets the character size of the serial line to 7 bits. -8 | --eightbits Sets the character size of the serial line to 8 bits. -n | --noparity Sets the parity of the serial line to none. -e | --evenparity Sets the parity of the serial line to even. -o | --oddparity Sets the parity of the serial line to odd. -1 | --onestopbit Sets the number of stop bits of the serial line to one. -2 | --twostopbits Sets the number of stop bits of the serial line to two. -i value | --iflag [-]value{,...} Sets the specified bits in the c_iflag word of the serial line. Value may be a number or a symbolic name. If value is prefixed by a minus sign, clear the specified bits instead. Several comma separated values may be given in order to set and clear multiple bits. SEE ALSO
inputattach(1), ttys(4) AUTHOR
Tilman Schmidt (tilman@imap.cc) AVAILABILITY
The ldattach command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2010 LDATTACH(8)