Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why & How C in Unix
Top Forums Programming Why & How C in Unix Post 302417117 by sixofone on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 02:20:23 PM
Old 04-28-2010
C programming in Unix references...

I agree that the K&R book is a good place to start. I also like 'Topics in C Programming, Revised Edition' by Stephen Kochan and Patrick H. Wood. It's an older book but I think still a good general book on the subject. Here's the ISBN numbers...

ISBN-10: 0471534048
ISBN-13: 978-0471534044

One other thought I had was that since you have already been doing shell scripting, maybe what you can do is to try to write particular utilities in C that you can call from your shell scripts to do certain things faster. That will also require that you write your programs in a way that works well to integrate into shell scripts.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Unix.

Are the Terminal commands used in Mac OS 10.1.3 the same as those found on a real Unix system? if they are, what book would you recommend as a terminal refferance guide? I already have 'The Missing Manual' by O'Reilly, but there ain't much in terms of managing the system via the terminal :( ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAdesign
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Im new & know nothing about unix.... please help!

what is unix? what is the purpose of unix? is unix like dos? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matthews
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix: socket & Co

Hello, I need help to replace the ................. of client.c that request the server implemented by server.c ------------------ Listing 1 - server.c /* Inclusion des différentes librairies nécessaires */ #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bounkolh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AT&T Unix?

Where can I get AT&T Unix so I can install it on my computer? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NathanJAllen
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

&& meaning in UNIX

Hi Team, I know that "&" holds the result of current pattern match. But what does "&&" means and its use please? Thanks & Regards, Batta Archana (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Archana Batta
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
Catalyst::Manual(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Catalyst::Manual(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Manual - The Catalyst developer's manual SYNOPSIS
perldoc Catalyst::Manual::Intro perldoc Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial SEE ALSO
Install Task::Catalyst::Tutorial to install all the dependencies you need to follow along with the Tutorial. You can also refer to Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::Intro for more information on installation options. Some "Getting Started" Links: o Catalyst::Manual::About o Catalyst::Manual::Intro o Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial o Catalyst::Manual::Actions o Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook o Catalyst::Manual::DevelopmentProcess o Catalyst::Manual::ExtendingCatalyst o Catalyst::Manual::Internals o Catalyst::Manual::Plugins Books For additional information on Catalyst, there are currently two books available: o The Definitive Guide to Catalyst: Writing Extendable, Scalable and Maintainable PerlXBased Web Applications By: Kieren Diment, Matt Trout Available July 12, 2009 ISBN 10: 1-4302-2365-0 ISBN 13: 978-1-4302-2365-8 http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781430223658 o Accelerating Perl Web Application Development By: Jonathan Rockway Published December, 2007 ISBN 10: 1847190952 ISBN 13: 978-1-847190-95-6 http://www.packtpub.com/catalyst-perl-web-application/book AUTHORS
Catalyst Contributors, see Catalyst.pm COPYRIGHT
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-03 Catalyst::Manual(3pm)