Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS Access Issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NFS Access Issue Post 302416542 by verdepollo on Tuesday 27th of April 2010 01:16:27 AM
Old 04-27-2010
What are the permissions of the /data directory and the local mountpoint (where you mounted the share)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cannot access NFS file system

I create a NFS file system. I can read this system from client, however, I cannot write anything in this folder. Why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Terminal Services access to NFS

Hi, I am currently looking into a issue that has me scratching my head somewhat. Users from our branch down south use terminal services to work on within there windows desktop. The user used to be able to access NFS via her terminal services screen rather than reverting back to her windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggy332
1 Replies

3. AIX

Access AIX NFS Share from Windows Server 2008

Hi all, Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a thousand times. I am trying to connect a Windows Server to an exported NFS share which resides on an AIX box. I think the directory is exported correctly from the AIX side but I can't verify that because I didn't do it myself. On the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
6 Replies

4. Linux

Restrict NFS access to root

Hi Everybody, If there is a general NFS share in the LAN and for example this share has three files - a, b, c is there any way to restrict file access to the root user of one particular host(falcon) in the same LAN environment while the normal users from the same host(falcon) should be able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhirav
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

NFS Client unable to access shared DIR's

I ve a client : <clientname> and a server: <servername> Both of them running: HPUX B.11.31 SERVER outputs: I ve shared a folder in <servername> called /test and the O/P for # exportfs - /test root=<clientname>,rw=<clientname>,ro "" # showmount -e export list for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Understanding local access to NFS export

Hello, I've inherited an NFS setup that allows external servers to write to an NFS share on a Centos box. Here is an example line from /etc/exports (there are four entries that only are different based on server IP adress). /exports/foobar... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KickstartUF
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Probem is nfs folder access from root/users on another node

Hi all I am try NFS on node1 & node2 servers. On node1, when I am using # share -F nfs -o rw,anon=0 /abc On node2, when I am using # mount -f nfs node1:/abc /a in /a folder, root user is able to create files but any other user from node2 is not able to create files, please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

NFS share full access for local user

Hi All, Is it possible to give full access for a normal user in a NFS share? If its not possible is there a trick with which I can make it work? Thanks in advance Shyam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shyam2j
1 Replies
mounted(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						mounted(7)

NAME
mounted - event signalling that a filesystem has been mounted SYNOPSIS
mounted DEVICE=DEVICE MOUNTPOINT=MOUNTPOINT TYPE=TYPE OPTIONS=OPTIONS [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The mounted event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted a filesystem. mountall(8) will wait for all services started by this event to be running, all tasks started by this event to have finished and all jobs stopped by this event to be stopped before con- tinuing with other filesystems. The DEVICE, MOUNTPOINT, TYPE and OPTIONS environment variables contain the values of the fstab(5) fields for this mountpoint. EXAMPLE
A tool that should be run after mounting the /tmp filesystem might use: start on mounted MOUNTPOINT=/tmp task SEE ALSO
mounting(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 mounted(7)