Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Numerical Labeling using sed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Numerical Labeling using sed Post 302416443 by vgersh99 on Monday 26th of April 2010 12:33:11 PM
Old 04-26-2010
Code:
echo '(cat,chimp,(((dog,cat,cow),orangutan),((horse,((cat,dog),(cow,pig))),cat,mouse,rat)));' | nawk -F'cat' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) printf("%s%s", $i, (i==NF)?ORS:FS i)}'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numerical Decision

I'm tryning to do something like this, I have this file: spaces12tabgoodbye spaces3tabhello I want to copy to another file the lines that have the number above 10... I thought using sort -rn but I don't know how to discard the lines that have the number below 10. Any idea? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmpx
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Automatic disk labeling

First post :) ... Here is a script for automatic labeling of previously unlabeled disks. Other methods exist (format -f cmd_file), but I like this because it's all in one place. #!/bin/ksh #---------------------- # format_label # Automatic labeling of previously unlabeled disks #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwachtler
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the value of a numerical expression

Hi, All, I want to calculate a specific value of a Gaussian distribution, say the mean is a=3, variance is b=5, the indepentent variable is x=2, how could I get the y which is the Gaussian distribution value of x. Thanks, Jenny (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep do numerical comparisons?

Say for example I have a list of numbers.. 5 10 13 48 1 could I use grep to show only those numbers that are above 10? For various reasons I can only use grep... not awk or sed etc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uss_Defiant
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Labeling VTOC

How to relabeling the disk VTOC if i relabel the disk the previous data is available or not (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu.bezawada
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validate numerical

friends that way I can validate that the value is numeric taken instance var = 12re if var = numeric then a echo "Numerical else echo "not mumerico" fi edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for code, data and terminal output (yourself). (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Labeling/Punctuation Syntax Question

Greetings! My first PHP question; and, no doubt, a "no-brainer" for the initiated :) The question centers around the proper syntax for input field labeling. The snippet which puzzles me (and the candidate which I wish to modify) goes like this:<?php _e('Hello World'); ?>:<br />What I'd like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
0 Replies

8. Solaris

EFI disk labeling / understand the parition table / sectors not continue

Hi all, I have a EFI disk and it is use in zfs pool. partition> p Volume: rpool Current partition table (original): Total disk sectors available: 1172107117 + 16384 (reserved sectors) Part Tag Flag First Sector Size Last Sector 0 usr wm ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
8 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)