Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace string in perl? Post 302413876 by vanitham on Sunday 18th of April 2010 02:08:39 AM
Old 04-18-2010
How to replace string in perl?

Hi,

I have string like this:

Code:
$query="#1,apple";
$string=$query;

I want to replace #1 with fruit. I tried like this:

Code:
string=~s/#\d+/$query/ig;
print "\n string: $string\n";

It is working only when there is single #1 or #2 but when i give like #1,#2,#3,apple the above code is not working.

Code:
#1 ----> fruit
#2 ----> orange
#3 -----> grapes

How can i substitute the fruit in #1,#2,#3 in perl?

The output should be like this:

Code:
string: fruit,orange,grapes,apple

How can i get the above output and substitute in perl?

Regards
Vanitha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replace perl script error

I have written down a simple perl program to replace a string from a word file. My script does'nt seem to work. Any pointers to make it work will be appreciated. The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/perl while (<>) { open(FILE,$_); while (<FILE>) { s/This/I did it/g; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a date format from a file an replace with a string in PERL

I am very new to Perl. I am struggling so hard to search a date (such as 10/09/2009, 10-09-2009) from a text file and replace with a string (say DATE) using Perl. Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Regds Doren (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Replace multiple objects within a string

looking to replace parameters within a string with an external answer - with multiple replacements within a string %% will be used to wrap the objects to be replaced i.e. hello %%title%% %%user%% from %%address%% you last %%action%% on %%object%% the params will be used to make calls to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bidbrooken
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string in perl - Urgent

Hi, Can anyone help me to replace ='is NOT NULL' to is NOT NULL in perl. I tried all the methods which i know, i didnt arrive at the solution. please help!! ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:56 PM ---------- I got it.......! Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format check and replace string in PERL

I have got few date format patterns like "yyyymmdd", "yy_mm_dd" etc. There can be any combination of such patterns. I have used add_delta_days to find "yyyy", "yy", "mm", "dd" for the current date and saved them to different variables like "$y1", "$y2", "$m1" etc In one line, i want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- read search and replace string from the file

Dear all, I have a number of files and each file has two sections separated by a blank line. At the top section, I have lines which describes the values of the alphabetical characters, # s #; 0.123 # p #; 12.3 # d #; -2.33 # f #; 5.68 <blank line> sssssss spfdffff sdfffffff Now I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasharma
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to read string from file#1 and find/replace in file#2

Hello Forum. I have a file called abc.sed with the following commands; s/1/one/g s/2/two/g ... I also have a second file called abc.dat and would like to substitute all occurrences of "1 with one", "2 with two", etc and create a new file called abc_new.dat sed -f abc.sed abc.dat >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and Replace String in Perl - Regexp

Trying to find and replace one string with another string in a file #!/usr/bin/perl $csd_table_path = "/file.ntab"; $find_str = '--bundle_type=021'; $repl_str = '--bundle_type=021 --target=/dev/disk1s2'; if( system("/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/$find_str/$repl_str/' $csd_table_path")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
2 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)						 1						  PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)

PDOStatement::fetchAll - Returns an array containing all of the result set rows

SYNOPSIS
public array PDOStatement::fetchAll ([int $fetch_style], [mixed $fetch_argument], [array $ctor_args = array()]) DESCRIPTION
PARAMETERS
o $fetch_style - Controls the contents of the returned array as documented in PDOStatement.fetch(3). Defaults to value of PDO::ATTR_DEFAULT_FETCH_MODE (which defaults to PDO::FETCH_BOTH) To return an array consisting of all values of a single column from the result set, specify PDO::FETCH_COLUMN. You can specify which column you want with the $column-index parameter. To fetch only the unique values of a single column from the result set, bitwise-OR PDO::FETCH_COLUMN with PDO::FETCH_UNIQUE. To return an associative array grouped by the values of a specified column, bitwise-OR PDO::FETCH_COLUMN with PDO::FETCH_GROUP. o $fetch_argument - This argument has a different meaning depending on the value of the $fetch_style parameter: o PDO::FETCH_COLUMN: Returns the indicated 0-indexed column. o PDO::FETCH_CLASS: Returns instances of the specified class, mapping the columns of each row to named properties in the class. o PDO::FETCH_FUNC: Returns the results of calling the specified function, using each row's columns as parameters in the call. o $ctor_args - Arguments of custom class constructor when the $fetch_style parameter is PDO::FETCH_CLASS. RETURN VALUES
PDOStatement.fetchAll(3) returns an array containing all of the remaining rows in the result set. The array represents each row as either an array of column values or an object with properties corresponding to each column name. An empty array is returned if there are zero results to fetch, or FALSE on failure. Using this method to fetch large result sets will result in a heavy demand on system and possibly network resources. Rather than retriev- ing all of the data and manipulating it in PHP, consider using the database server to manipulate the result sets. For example, use the WHERE and ORDER BY clauses in SQL to restrict results before retrieving and processing them with PHP. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetch all remaining rows in a result set <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set */ print("Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set: "); $result = $sth->fetchAll(); print_r($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set: Array ( [0] => Array ( [name] => pear [0] => pear [colour] => green [1] => green ) [1] => Array ( [name] => watermelon [0] => watermelon [colour] => pink [1] => pink ) ) Example #2 Fetching all values of a single column from a result set The following example demonstrates how to return all of the values of a single column from a result set, even though the SQL state- ment itself may return multiple columns per row. <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Fetch all of the values of the first column */ $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_COLUMN, 0); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array(3) ( [0] => string(5) => apple [1] => string(4) => pear [2] => string(10) => watermelon ) Example #3 Grouping all values by a single column The following example demonstrates how to return an associative array grouped by the values of the specified column in the result set. The array contains three keys: values apple and pear are returned as arrays that contain two different colours, while water- melon is returned as an array that contains only one colour. <?php $insert = $dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO fruit(name, colour) VALUES (?, ?)"); $insert->execute(array('apple', 'green')); $insert->execute(array('pear', 'yellow')); $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Group values by the first column */ var_dump($sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_COLUMN|PDO::FETCH_GROUP)); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { ["apple"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "green" [1]=> string(3) "red" } ["pear"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "green" [1]=> string(6) "yellow" } ["watermelon"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(5) "green" } } Example #4 Instantiating a class for each result The following example demonstrates the behaviour of the PDO::FETCH_CLASS fetch style. <?php class fruit { public $name; public $colour; } $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_CLASS, "fruit"); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> object(fruit)#1(2) { ["name"]=> string(5) "apple" ["colour"]=> string(5) "green" } [1]=> object(fruit)#2(2) { ["name"]=> string(4) "pear" ["colour"]=> string(6) "yellow" } [2]=> object(fruit)#3(2) { ["name"]=> string(10) "watermelon" ["colour"]=> string(4) "pink" } } Example #5 Calling a function for each result The following example demonstrates the behaviour of the PDO::FETCH_FUNC fetch style. <?php function fruit($name, $colour) { return "{$name}: {$colour}"; } $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_FUNC, "fruit"); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> string(12) "apple: green" [1]=> string(12) "pear: yellow" [2]=> string(16) "watermelon: pink" } SEE ALSO
PDO.query(3), PDOStatement.fetch(3), PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3), PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.setFetchMode(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)