Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required? Post 302412781 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 12:42:16 PM
Old 04-13-2010
you have to post the whole configuration... there are problems with you filesystems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to install the Network Card

Hi, After I installed Solaris 10 in the Intel platform (chipset 865*) network card was not detected, were shall I get this driver? iam new to Solaris. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravin_2929
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 network configuration problem with zone

I am seeking help from the gurus in this forum and hope that I can find answers soon. Anyone who provide the answers will be greatly appreciated. I have a sparc box with Solaris 10 on it. We install Solaris with zone structure. One global zone and two other zone. I installed Oracle DB on global... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Java Solaris 10 Zone settings

I have the following situation 1) Start JBoss Server 1 2) Within application - print as normal 3) Start JBoss Server 2 4) Printing STOPS on Server 1; Printing does NOT WORK on Server 2 Only solution is to stop Server 2; Restart Server 1 Then Printing works as normal. Doung a truss... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmm
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Branded Solaris 10 zone no network

I am trying to create a branded 10 zone on a Solaris 11.1 control domain. I am using a flar image (cpio) from an existing LDOM. Here are the steps taken after flarcreate. #zonecfg -z <device> >create -b >set brand=solaris10 >set zonepath=/zonez/<device> >set ip-type=exclusive >add net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to get Solaris 11 Zone onto the network

Hello, I followed these instructions to create a Solaris 11 zone: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-092-s11-zones-intro-524494.html And I am unable to ping anything from the Local Zone except for the IP address of the global zone. My global zone has an IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot install zone on Solaris 11

I am trying to install a zone on Solaris 11. I am following the instructions for zones intro at oracle.com (I can't post the url yet.) I get up to Listing 2 when the error occurs. # zoneadm -z testzone install The following ZFS file system(s) have been created: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kinesia
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris non-global zone network vlan

Have 2 nics on physical system net0 phys 1500 up -- net1 phys 1500 up -- 1. I want to create a link aggregation with LACP enabled with above 2 nics 2. Create port-group(Like we create on ESXi) with VLAN-ID 2141 3. And assign this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
0 Replies

8. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure Solaris zone on new network

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 zone which I need to configure on a new network. I have configured the new IP on the zone itself and I can ping the interface from a node on the same network, but not from another network. Basically I need to know how to route the traffic from the zone to it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
filesystem(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     filesystem(7)

NAME
filesystem - event signalling that filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
filesystem [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The filesystem event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once filesystems are mounted might use: start on filesystem SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) mountall 2009-12-21 filesystem(7)