Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto delete the folder
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Auto delete the folder Post 302411191 by mail2sant on Thursday 8th of April 2010 12:01:24 AM
Old 04-08-2010
i have to do one more thing.

i have directory structure

/home/ncs/payload/logs

in that i have directories like
payload1
payload2
payload3
payload4
payload5

inside this each payload ditectory i have the logs folder which appears like
pl03032010
pl04032010
:
:

so i want to make a looping from this directory /home/ncs/payload/logs

where it has to go and check inside each payload directory and delete the log folder which are 2 weeks older.

can you please suggest the safest way to do this ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Auto delete files in /tmp dir ???

I have a Solris 9 box my problem is when I restart my box all my files and dirs in /tmp dir will be deleted exept 2 directories I found them since installation phase !!!! How to keep my files at that dir " /tmp " even after restarting ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX auto delete old mail messages

We have had an issue where the mail file filled up. Is there a setting in sendmail.cf to automatically remove old emails? Say after 14 days. If not is there any way automatically to delete older mail files?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all the files in folder a which exist in folder b

Hi , I need a script which basically deltes all files in folder a which are alreasy present in folder b say folder a has files abc.txt pqr .txt and b has abc.txt pqr.txt rmr.txt then file abc.txt and pqr.txt from a should be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: viv1
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using cp: preserving file/folder attributes and auto creating folders

Hi, Is there a way to use cp in such a way that when a file is copied to a destination, the required destination folders are automatically created with the proper permissions, and the resulting copied file has the same attributes as the original. For example if I copied... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder permissions to delete

I am using the below command to delete files from directories and subdirectories find /test/abc/xyx -type f -mtime +7 -exec rm -f {} \; there are some subfolders in xyx for which i don't have permission to delete. Is there a way i can check the permission of the folder first and then delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies
uuid_gen(1ncs)															    uuid_gen(1ncs)

Name
       uuid_gen - UUID generating program

Syntax
       /etc/ncs/uuid_gen [ -c ] [ -C ] [ -version ]

Description
       The  program  generates	Universal  Unique Identifiers (UUIDs).	Without options, it generates a character-string representation of a UUID.
       The -c option enables you to generate a template for Network Interface Definition Language (NIDL) files.  The -C option enables you to gen-
       erate source-code representations of UUIDs, suitable for initializing variables of type

Options
       -c	 Generate a template, including a UUID attribute, for an interface definition in the C syntax of NIDL.

-C	 Generate a C source-code representation of a UUID.

-version  Display  the  version of the Network Computing Kernel (NCK) that this belongs to but do not generate a UUID.  (NCK is part of the
		 Network Computing System (NCS) on which DECrpc is based.)

Examples
       Generate a character-string representation of a UUID:
       $ /etc/ncs/uuid_gen
       34dc23469000.0d.00.00.7c.5f.00.00.00
       Generate a template for an interface definition in the C syntax of NIDL:
       $ /etc/ncs/uuid_gen -c
       %c
       [
       uuid(34dc239ec000.0d.00.00.7c.5f.00.00.00),
       version(1)
       ]
       interface INTERFACENAME {

}
       Generate a template for an interface definition in the C syntax of NIDL.  Redirect the output to the file
       $ /etc/ncs/uuid_gen -c >myfile.idl
       Generate a C source-code representation of a UUID:
       $ /etc/ncs/uuid_gen -C
       = { 0x34dc23af,
       0xf000,
       0x0000,
       0x0d,
       {0x00, 0x00, 0x7c, 0x5f, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00} };

See Also
       DECrpc Programming Guide

uuid_gen(1ncs)