Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Output results of multiple commands to a file Post 302410747 by ashok.k on Tuesday 6th of April 2010 06:40:42 PM
Old 04-06-2010
Output results of multiple commands to a file

Hi

I want to output the results of multiple commands to a single file.

I use simple Ping, telnet commands to check the connectivity to many servers.

Can i execute all the commands and write the output to a file instead of executing them one by one?

Thanks
Ashok

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of 2 commands into 1 file

How could you put the output of two commands into one file using a single command? For example put the output of a grep command and a sort command into one file together. Here is another rough explanation of what I am trying to do; output of $ grep pattern file1 plus output of $ sort file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to run multiple commands from a file.

I need a command, which could run mutliple commands from a file. Let's say, I have mv fileA1 fileB1 mv fileA2 fileB2 ..... mv fileA20 fileB20 I put these commands in a file, then I need a command to run the file as a whole so that I don't need to type 20 times... Anyone tell me how to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - save results to output file.

Can any one please help, the code works...I want the output of $result to be saved in an output.txt file which is lcoated in c:\\temp\\output.txt. $filepath="C:\\temp\\ip.txt"; open (HOSTLIST,"$filepath"); @hosts=(<HOSTLIST>); foreach $host(@hosts) { $results = `nslookup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do these 2 find commands return different results?

Hi, I am using the korn shell on Solaris box. Why does the following 2 commands return different results? This command returns no results (I already used this command to create a list of files which I moved to an archive directory) find ????10??_*.dat -type f -mtime +91 However this... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpy1
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading UNIX commands from file and redirecting output to a file

Hi All I have written the following script: #!/bin/ksh while read cmdline do echo `$cmdline` pid="$cmdline" done<commands.txt =========== commands.txt contains: ps -ef | grep abc | grep xyz |awk '{print $2}; My objective is to store the o/p of the command in a variable and do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulparo
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting the multiple commands output to single file

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of multple commands to single file, From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is it? I am running all clearcase... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Shell/Perl(?)] Prepending timestamps to console output & writing results to a file

I do a lot of TSM work and I embarked on what I thought would be an easy task, and I'd be very happy for any input to save the pounding my keyboard is receiving :] By default, the output of TSM's console has no timestamping, making it hard to sort through accurately. This puts my console into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help: Match data fields from 2 files & output results from both into 1 file

I need to take 2 input files and create 1 output based on matches from each file. I am looking to match field #1 in both files (Userid) and create an output file that will be a combination of fields from both file1 and file2 if there are any differences in the fields 2,3,4,5,or 6. Below is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Understanding Results from df and du commands

Good day every one. When a use df -h comand on my read hat linux server i get something like this: /dev/mapper/Vg02-Lv19 30G 29G 145M 100% /app Then when i do du -sh /app/ i get 12G /app/ For me it is meaning that only 12G was used on /app partition. How can i see where are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies
uuxqt(1M)																 uuxqt(1M)

NAME
uuxqt - execute remote uucp or uux command requests SYNOPSIS
system] debug_level] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. executes remote job requests generated by use of the command (see uux(1)). generates files and places them in the spool directory, where searches for them. For each file, determines whether the required data files are available and accessible, and if file commands are per- mitted for the requesting system. The file is used to validate file accessibility and command execute permission. Then performs execution of the commands. Two environment variables are set before the command is executed: is the machine that sent the previous job and is the user who sent the job. These can be used in writing commands that remote systems can execute to provide information, auditing, or restrictions. recognizes the following options: Execute commands on the specified system. Produce debugging output on standard output. debug_level is a single digit between 0 and 9. The higher the number, the more detailed debugging information returned. WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uustat(1), uux(1), uucico(1M). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uuxqt(1M)