Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX POWER HA 5.5 & Service IP / disk heart beat Post 302410273 by ross.mather on Monday 5th of April 2010 01:34:39 PM
Old 04-05-2010
You need to put an IP address on en1 and en2 as HACMp uses IP Aliasing. Look in the manual for the requirements on how to set it up.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with the SSH & Telnet Service

Hi gurus of Unix, I am newby in Unix, I need to Know the following. How I know if SSH & Telnet service is UP in Solaris? Please I appreciate your answer Regard Andres (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SMF to register & start a (Nagios) service

I'm trying to register & start a service using SMF on Solaris 10. It's nsca, part of the Nagios monitoring system. I've got nsca running fine as a detached process, and can manually create passive checks via send_nsca. But when I try to run nsca as a daemon, I need some advice. The nsca... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyle
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How is the after sales Service of HP,Dell & Toshiba in India?

Since i was planning to buy a laptop i was just wondering how Problematic these brands products are and how is the after sales service & warranty issues in India(Delhi). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leyvanom
1 Replies

4. AIX

Power HA 7 repository disk unmirrored?

hi guys, I don't like the new concept of the power ha 7 cluster with the repository disk and the internal solidb, I really would like to mirror this disk, but the "IBM PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 for AIX" redbook says, normal lvm operations should not be performed on this disk. even mirroring the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Heart beat monitor using android

I just had this idea of using Android (a linux derivative) to monitor heart rates of patients with a history of cardiac problems. There are plenty apps around that monitor heart rates, but none for people that require medical attention when their heart rate drops below a certain level for more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present && the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet

Hi Team when I boot the server I get this 2 errors : the disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet or not present and its stay like that , I m using Ubuntu 12.04 please if someone have any idea how to fix that problem . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SULTAN01
1 Replies

7. AIX

Power machine 720 SAS disk

Hello, I would like to check how many SAS disks and its size per disk for the whole power system. As per my understanding, if we assign the SAS controller to LPAR, then we can see the disk in lpar smitty command. How can we check from the Power machine(physical ones) as well? I think the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
5 Replies
put(9F) 						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						   put(9F)

NAME
put - call a STREAMS put procedure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> void put(queue_t *q, mblk_t *mp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
q Pointer to a STREAMS queue. mp Pointer to message block being passed into queue. DESCRIPTION
put() calls the put procedure ( put(9E) entry point) for the STREAMS queue specified by q, passing it the message block referred to by mp. It is typically used by a driver or module to call its own put procedure. CONTEXT
put() can be called from a STREAMS module or driver put or service routine, or from an associated interrupt handler, timeout, bufcall, or esballoc call-back. In the latter cases, the calling code must guarantee the validity of the q argument. Since put() may cause re-entry of the module (as it is intended to do), mutexes or other locks should not be held across calls to it, due to the risk of single-party deadlock (put(9E), putnext(9F), putctl(9F), qreply(9F)). This function is provided as a DDI/DKI conforming replacement for a direct call to a put procedure. SEE ALSO
put(9E), freezestr(9F), putctl(9F), putctl1(9F), putnext(9F), putnextctl(9F), putnextctl1(9F), qprocson(9F), qreply(9F) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide NOTES
The caller cannot have the stream frozen when calling this function. See freezestr(9F). DDI/DKI conforming modules and drivers are no longer permitted to call put procedures directly, but must call through the appropriate STREAMS utility function, for example, put(9E), putnext(9F), putctl(9F), and qreply(9F). This function is provided as a DDI/DKI conforming replacement for a direct call to a put procedure. The put() and putnext() functions should be called only after qprocson() is finished. SunOS 5.11 28 Apr 1992 put(9F)