Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Restart SMSPI
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Restart SMSPI Post 302409670 by hedkandi on Friday 2nd of April 2010 12:35:43 AM
Old 04-02-2010
Restart SMSPI

I know this sounds silly but im not sure where my smspi is located.

I want to restart the services but im not sure where to look at. I dont have init.d in my /sbin :

Code:
[root@vicapp70 ~]# cd /sbin       
[root@vicapp70 sbin]# cd init.d
-bash: cd: init.d: No such file or directory

Its running at this time:

Code:
HTML Code:
-bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep -i smspi
root      5405     1  0 Mar20 ?        00:30:41 /opt/HPO/SMSPIv2/bin/smsp  -n
hpfprbab 26554  6771  0 15:28 pts/1    00:00:00 grep -i smspi
root     27125     1  0 Mar25 ?        00:19:46 /opt/HPO/SMSPIv2/bin/smsp  -n

I did find and where is and this is wat i got:

[root@vicapp70 ~]# whereis smspi
smspi: /sbin/smspi.log

Code:
-bash: cd: init.d: No such file or directory
[root@vicapp70 sbin]# find / -name smspi
find: /proc/3198/task: No such file or directory
find: /proc/3199/task: No such file or directory
find: /proc/3200/task: No such file or directory
find: /proc/3201/task: No such file or directory
find: /proc/3202/task: No such file or directory
find: /proc/3228/task: No such file or directory
/opt/HPO/SMSPIv2/bin/smspi
/var/lock/subsys/smspi

smspi version number:

Code:
Code:
[root@vicapp70 sbin]# /opt/HPO/SMSPIv2/bin/smspi -v
Server Management Smart Plugin (SMSPI) version v2-11-r3q $Revision: 1.7 nCopyright(c) Hewlett Packard Corperation 2003
[root@vicapp70 sbin]#

Any idea on where I should be looking...?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Restart

I am really really new on UNIX system. I am trying to update our e-mail list. I added/deleted new members at etc/aliases but e-amil always got old e-mail lists. I reloaded postmaster but does not seem to be working. Anybody has any idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarrana
4 Replies

2. SuSE

Restart process

I have a process that gradually eats up memory, it's currently at 80.2% and slowing down the linux server > ps aux | grep SNMPME root 3129 0.0 80.2 3591752 2480700 ? Sl Feb13 5:04 /opt/nampe/lib/snmpme/SNMPME config/startup.xml Is there a command I can execute to restart this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Restart Script?

Hi, I would like to check if there's any sample of restart script for my AIX server. I'm planning to restart it every month. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ademah
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart a Service!!

Hello, I am trying to write a script which will monitor few processes(winbind) for cpu utilization, If the process consumes more than say 99% cpu for 3 minutes, I want to run a script to restart the service which forks the process. ---------- Post updated at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous update... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restart a Daemon

Dear expert, How do i restart a daemon ? I know to use the kill <PID> command to shut down the daemon. But after terminate the daemon, how to restart it back ? :confused: Please advice, many thanks in advance !!! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kseng2002
2 Replies

6. Solaris

sysedge restart

on a solaris box, if somebody restarts sysedge, which log file (path) can we look at to determine if sysedge was restarted or not? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restart a script?

Hello, I created a shell script in /etc/init.d and it already runs at boot. However I cannot figure out how to make it run just like typing "scrip_name start" I can run it like this ./script_name but since I am doing remote log in whenever I log off the script stops and I also don't want to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kizofilax
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

restart parameter

I have a shell script with 4 separate functions taking place, one after the other. Is there a way to introduce a parameter so that if the job fails, then I can restart it at a specific point in the script ? Ideally, the default will be null (or 1), so that it will not normally be set, and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

An overall function as a restart...

This is going to rasie a few eyebrows... I have been thinking of running the WHOLE of the AudioScope project inside a function which I will call "restart()". A kind of wrapper function... This is so that should there be anything that the user has set be wrong then a _cold_ start could be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
LOGPROF.CONF(5) 						     AppArmor							   LOGPROF.CONF(5)

NAME
logprof.conf - configuration file for expert options that modify the behavior of the AppArmor logprof(1) program. DESCRIPTION
The logprof(1) program can be configured to have certain default behavior by the contents of logprof.conf. The [qualifiers] section lists specific programs that should have a subset of the full ix/px/ux list when asking what mode to execute it using. Since creating a separate profile for /bin/bash is dangerous, we can specify that for /bin/bash, only (I)nherit, (U)nconstrained, and (D)eny should be allowed options and only those will show up in the prompt when we're asking about adding that to a profile. Likewise, if someone currently exec's /bin/mount in ix or px mode, things won't work, so we can provide only (U)nconstrained and (D)eny as options. And certain apps like grep, awk, sed, cp, and mkdir should always inherit the parent profile rather than having their own profile or running unconfined, so for them we can specify that only (I)nherit and (D)eny are the allowed options. Any programs that are not listed in the qualifiers section get the full (I)nherit / (P)rofile / (U)nconstrained / (D)eny option set. If the user is doing something tricky and wants different behavior, they can tweak or remove the corresponding line in the conf file. The [defaulthat] section lists changehat-aware programs and what hat logprof(1) will collapse the entries to for that program if the user specifies that the access should be allowed, but should not have it's own hat. The [globs] section allows modification of the logprof rule engine with respect to globbing suggestions that the user will be prompted with. The format of each line is-- "<perl glob> = <apparmor glob>". When logprof(1) asks about a specific path, if the perl glob matches the path, it replaces the part of the path that matched with the corresponding apparmor glob and adds it to the list of globbing suggestions. Lines starting with # are comments and are ignored. EXAMPLE
[qualifiers] # things will very likely be painfully broken if bash has it's own profile /bin/bash = iu # mount doesn't work if it's confined /bin/mount = u # these helper utilities should inherit the parent profile and # shouldn't have their own profiles /bin/awk = i /bin/grep = i /bin/sed = i [defaulthat] /usr/sbin/sshd = EXEC /usr/sbin/httpd2 = DEFAULT_URI /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork = DEFAULT_URI [globs] # /foo/bar/lib/libbaz.so -> /foo/bar/lib/lib* /lib/lib[^/]+so[^/]*$ = /lib/lib*so* # strip kernel version numbers from kernel module accesses ^/lib/modules/[^/]+/ = /lib/modules/*/ # strip pid numbers from /proc accesses ^/proc/d+/ = /proc/*/ BUGS
None. Please report any you find to bugzilla at <http://bugzilla.novell.com>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), enforce(1), change_hat(2), complain(1), logprof(1), genprof(1), and <http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?apparmor>. NOVELL
/SUSE 2007-04-03 LOGPROF.CONF(5)