Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script incomplete
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script incomplete Post 302407722 by strshel on Friday 26th of March 2010 07:42:01 AM
Old 03-26-2010
script incomplete

Code:
#!/bin/bash
DIR=/dir/$(date +%y%m)
[ -d "$DIR" ] || mkdir "$DIR"
for  D in $@ # obtem os argumentos
do
    cp /usr/home/backup
if  backup=null then

mkdir backup

done

How can I complete that script, that's not value, can someone help me complete this...
The point of the program is:
- If the directory backup does not exist, the script must create it.
- Inside of the backup directory the script should create a directory for each backup done with data and time...

can help me...

Last edited by radoulov; 03-26-2010 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join of files is incomplete?!

Hi folks, I am using the join command to join two files on a common field as follows: File1.txt Adsorption|H01.181.529.047 Adult|M01.060.116 Children|M01.055 File2.txt 5|Adsorption|C0001674 7|Adult|C000001 6|Children|C00002 join -i -t "|" -a 2 -1 1 -2 2 File1.txt File2.txt This... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: s0460205
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

Incomplete three way handshake

I've got a strange problem with a single mail sender (it is one of those large free mail providers). My mail server works well with thousands of senders but not this one, so we have made a connection dump and it seems that the three way handshake is not completed 15:55:59.177431 IP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3wayTrouble
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris & AIX, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up *only*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

incomplete last line

How do I find through script if a contains "incomplete last line". If it does then only insert a new line character as:: echo "" >> filename.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRKS
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incomplete last line

I need help with appending the last line to the file only if the last line is incomplete. I tried awk 1 filename > new_filename but it appends to every file and I only want to append to the file if the last line is incomplete (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smee
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy operation incomplete

I am logged into AIX 6.1 as a root user. I tried copying about 190GB of data to a different folder. cp -R /u01/data/scope /CY/backup I got the message: cp: Requested a write of 4096 bytes, but wrote only 3584. When the copy operation completed, I checked the /CY/backup/scope folder and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with incomplete Code

Hello, Since i am new in shell scripting, i need some help from you guys. :rolleyes: I am trying to implement an automata that reflects the attached photo.. The main idea behind is to take an array of (0 & 1)s from the user and terminate it by "end". Then, the string is send to the function... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Geekie
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete incomplete data

Hi all, Please help with the following example. I want to keep all people in the data, who at least have Firstname or Lastname or both and at least 1 row of Details. So, Person4 lacking both Firstname and Lastname will be deleted, Person5 with no Details will be deleted. Firstname,Lastname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
3 Replies
DIRECTORY(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      DIRECTORY(3)

NAME
opendir, readdir, telldir, seekdir, rewinddir, closedir - directory operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/dir.h> DIR *opendir(filename) char *filename; struct direct *readdir(dirp) DIR *dirp; long telldir(dirp) DIR *dirp; seekdir(dirp, loc) DIR *dirp; long loc; rewinddir(dirp) DIR *dirp; closedir(dirp) DIR *dirp; DESCRIPTION
Opendir opens the directory named by filename and associates a directory stream with it. Opendir returns a pointer to be used to identify the directory stream in subsequent operations. The pointer NULL is returned if filename cannot be accessed, or if it cannot malloc(3) enough memory to hold the whole thing. Readdir returns a pointer to the next directory entry. It returns NULL upon reaching the end of the directory or detecting an invalid seekdir operation. Telldir returns the current location associated with the named directory stream. Seekdir sets the position of the next readdir operation on the directory stream. The new position reverts to the one associated with the directory stream when the telldir operation was performed. Values returned by telldir are good only for the lifetime of the DIR pointer from which they are derived. If the directory is closed and then reopened, the telldir value may be invalidated due to undetected direc- tory compaction. It is safe to use a previous telldir value immediately after a call to opendir and before any calls to readdir. Rewinddir resets the position of the named directory stream to the beginning of the directory. Closedir closes the named directory stream and frees the structure associated with the DIR pointer. Sample code which searchs a directory for entry ``name'' is: len = strlen(name); dirp = opendir("."); for (dp = readdir(dirp); dp != NULL; dp = readdir(dirp)) if (dp->d_namlen == len && !strcmp(dp->d_name, name)) { closedir(dirp); return FOUND; } closedir(dirp); return NOT_FOUND; SEE ALSO
open(2), close(2), read(2), lseek(2), dir(5) 4.2 Berkeley Distribution September 24, 1985 DIRECTORY(3)