Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers using unix variable in select column in awk Post 302407625 by Ygor on Friday 26th of March 2010 01:42:17 AM
Old 03-26-2010
Try...
Code:
nawk 'BEGIN {FS="~";OFS="~~"}{print $1, $2, $ff}' ff=$column_no input_file > $out_file_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select a column from particular line number

The awk command awk -F: '{print $1}' test1 gives the first columns of all the lines in file ,is there some command to get a particular column from particular line . Any help is appreciated. thanks arif (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab_arif16
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a variable to select records with awk

As part of a bigger task, I had to read thru a file and separate records into various batches based on a field. Specifically, separate records based on the value in the batch field as defined below. The batch field left-justified numbers. The datafile is here > cat infile 12345 1 John Smith ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect value from sql select statment to unix variable

Hi, I need to get the value from the table using the sql command and store this value into the unix variable so that i can use this value for furthure use.. Please can any body help me in this regards Thanks & Regards Abdul Hafeez Shaik (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulhafeez
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select rows based on condition on column

I have got a file like this 003ABC00281020091005000100042.810001 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maruti
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - how to select the column based on day of month

Problem, How can you pass today's date (eg) 18 into Awk and select the field representing the 18th column? I have an output that I want to interact with based on what day it is information=0:0 192:0 5436:0 22:99 0:0 0:0 1234:0 1359:09 DAY=date'+%d' numbrs=`$information | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gizmo1007
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of a select count(*) from tablename ( run on db2 ) to a unix variable

Hi All, I have browsed through the forums for a similar topic, but there is no topic which explains about this problem, when the backend is DB2. I want to assign the output of a select count(*) from tablename to a unix variable in a shell script. I am using ksh. The database used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddarth
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/awk column or variable?

Hi, I'm running via PuTTY, in a BASH shell to do my work. I'm running calculations where steps are reported like this every 100 steps: NSTEP = 249900 TIME(PS) = 249.900 TEMP(K) = 299.94 PRESS = 21.1 Etot = -12912.5557 EKtot = 4996.8780 EPtot = -17909.4336 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oriksagtaria
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select lines with maximum value of each record based on column value

Hello, I want to get the maximum value of each record separated by empty line based on the 3rd column of each row within each record? Input: A1 chr5D 634 7 82 707 A2 chr5D 637 6 82 713 A3 chr5D 637 5 82 713 A4 chr5D 626 1 82 704... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder - Builds relationships for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader SYNOPSIS
See DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Base. DESCRIPTION
This class builds relationships for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader. This is module is not (yet) for external use. METHODS
new Arguments: $loader object generate_code Arguments: [ [ local_moniker1 (scalar), fk_info1 (arrayref), uniq_info1 (arrayref) ] [ local_moniker2 (scalar), fk_info2 (arrayref), uniq_info2 (arrayref) ] ... ] This generates the code for the relationships of each table. "local_moniker" is the moniker name of the table which had the REFERENCES statements. The fk_info arrayref's contents should take the form: [ { local_table => 'some_table', local_moniker => 'SomeTable', local_columns => [ 'col2', 'col3' ], remote_table => 'another_table_moniker', remote_moniker => 'AnotherTableMoniker', remote_columns => [ 'col5', 'col7' ], }, { local_table => 'some_other_table', local_moniker => 'SomeOtherTable', local_columns => [ 'col1', 'col4' ], remote_table => 'yet_another_table_moniker', remote_moniker => 'YetAnotherTableMoniker', remote_columns => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], }, # ... ], The uniq_info arrayref's contents should take the form: [ [ uniq_constraint_name => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], ], [ another_uniq_constraint_name => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], ], ], This method will return the generated relationships as a hashref keyed on the class names. The values are arrayrefs of hashes containing method name and arguments, like so: { 'Some::Source::Class' => [ { method => 'belongs_to', arguments => [ 'col1', 'Another::Source::Class' ], { method => 'has_many', arguments => [ 'anothers', 'Yet::Another::Source::Class', 'col15' ], ], 'Another::Source::Class' => [ # ... ], # ... } AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader. LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-08 DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)