Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Could I mount a swap/dump partition on /tmp? Post 302407055 by aggadtech08 on Wednesday 24th of March 2010 12:15:48 PM
Old 03-24-2010
Could I mount a swap/dump partition on /tmp?

Hey Guys.

Let show our disk-mapping structure on HP-UX B11.11

with df :
Code:
# df
/home                (/dev/vg00/lvol5     ): 18979652 blocks   1224395 i
/opt                 (/dev/vg00/lvol4     ): 120276192 blocks   1894100 i
/var                 (/dev/vg00/lvol6     ): 19380328 blocks   1250318 i
/stand               (/dev/vg00/lvol1     ):   438274 blocks     48607 i
/                    (/dev/vg00/lvol3     ):  3609978 blocks    481311 i

But the vol2 is a swap/dump Fs.

Code:
lvol2    vg00     Swap/Dump   32768

My question: Could mount this Fs on a point a watch busy % like the others FSs?

How do it ? with a mount command?

Thanks in Advance
AG

Last edited by pludi; 03-24-2010 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap Partition Space

first of all, sorry about my english...I´m a spanish newbie to this marvelous OS and i have just a couple of doubts...u know? :-) 1) how big should my swap partition be if i installed debian 2.2r3 or FreeBSD 4.x on a AMD k7 1400Mhz with 512Mb of Random Access Memory? i heard that those OS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: I[X]ION
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Swap Partition

How big do I set the swap partition when i'm setting up my hard drive to install RedHat. (Using Partition Magic) thanks! primal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
2 Replies

3. Linux

swap partition?

What does a swap partition do exactly? I was messing arround with a linux machine at my school and i deleted the swap partition using fdisk and then rebooted the machine and it worked fine and wrote a swap partition back in...lol. Is it a nessary part of the OS to use that partition? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Increase size of /tmp swap File

Hi Guys I need to increase the size of my /tmp swap file. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks Carson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmackin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

6. Solaris

/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded

Can you help. My server sunning solaris 9 on x86 platform pretty much hung for a few hours... I could not use telnet or ssh to the box - it kept refusing connection. A few hours later - I was able to log in again. The server has not rebooted but here are the first errors in the messages log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

7. Solaris

/tmp as swap

So with solaris 10 are people not using the old /tmp as a regular UFS filesystem and making /tmp part of swap or tmpfs... what are peoples thoughts on this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to mount swap on /tmp?

Hi all, I would like to know how to mount swap on /tmp at boot time? I mean i would like to know the exact commands... i will be implementing it on a distro of opensolaris ,belenix. is it the same as other mounts ? because when i surfed the net it was a little different and also since its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Partition 1 swap not mounting ?

Hi, running mount, I get the following, no part1 swap as part1 swap has been created and is listed below. System works fine anyway. As I cannot unmount part1, what is a standard procedure to make part1 on. Jack ============= .. $ free total used free shared buffers cached Mem:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris full /tmp - du and df different swap NOT filled

Hello all, The issue is # df -h /tmp Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on swap 4.0G 4.0G 8.7M 100% /tmp # du -sh /tmp/ 87M /tmp By now you probably will say that this is open file destriptor issue. Well no, nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: click
2 Replies
LVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREMOVE(8)

NAME
lvremove - remove a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvremove [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f|--force] [--noudevsync] LogicalVol- ume{Name|Path} [LogicalVolume{Name|Path}...] DESCRIPTION
lvremove removes one or more logical volumes. Confirmation will be requested before deactivating any active logical volume prior to removal. Logical volumes cannot be deactivated or removed while they are open (e.g. if they contain a mounted filesystem). Removing an origin logical volume will also remove all dependent snapshots. If the logical volume is clustered then it must be deactivated on all nodes in the cluster before it can be removed. A single lvchange com- mand issued from one node can do this. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Remove active logical volumes without confirmation. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLES
Remove the active logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 without asking for confirmation: lvremove -f vg00/lvol1 Remove all logical volumes in volume group vg00: lvremove vg00 SEE ALSO
lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8), lvchange(8), lvm(8), lvs(8), lvscan(8), vgremove(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVREMOVE(8)