Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Is Concurrent I/O (CIO) available on Linux? Post 302405711 by arizah on Friday 19th of March 2010 05:12:13 PM
Old 03-19-2010
Hi Jim,

Thanks A lot. Really appreciate your comments. In regards to your question about having performance issues no because at this stage is merely a discusion but I have had issues in the past and basically I believe for Database servers the big vendors of Oracle and DB2 suggest to bypass the filesystem cache as the databases they have their own cache/buffercache and also that memory that you release by bypassing the filesystem cache can be allocate it to make the DB caches larger.

thanks again.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

2. AIX

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CIO in AIX

Hi, I'm reading AIX documentation : Examples 1.To list the mounted file systems, enter: mountThis command produces output similar to the following: node mounted mounted over vfs date options ---- ------- ------------ --- ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

4. AIX

Difference between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VG

Hi, What are the differences between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VGs.? Any advantages of enhanced concurrent VG over normal concurrent vg Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies
RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.						 RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)

NAME
rhnplugin.conf - Configuration file for the rhnplugin(8) yum(8) plugin. DESCRIPTION
rhnplugin.conf contains configuration options which are specific to rhnplugin(8). The configuration file is located at /etc/yum/plugin- conf.d/rhnplugin.conf. OPTIONS
enabled Either `0' or `1'. Determines whether the plugin will be used by yum or not. Default value is `1'. gpgcheck Either `0' or `1'. Determines whether gpg signature checking will be performed on packages coming from Spacewalk/Red Hat Satellite. Default value is `1'. If this option is not set, the value from yum.conf(5) will be used. timeout The amount of time (in seconds) that you want to wait for a response before timing out. If this option is not set, the value from yum.conf(5) will be used. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf The location of this configuration file. SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), yum(8), up2date(5), yum.conf(5). AUTHORS
James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> and Peter Vetere <pvetere@redhat.com>. BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2006 November 13 RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)