Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Continuously display the file name in vim Post 302405529 by karthigayan on Friday 19th of March 2010 04:45:53 AM
Old 03-19-2010
Add this in your vimrc , you will have the file name in the bottom .

Code:
set ls=2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to continuously scan a log file

Hello members, I have some doubts on how to write a script that can reports success / failure of a batch job ? 1. Run a batch job: 2. Wait and search for a particular string in the Log file: tail -f log01*.txt | egrep -v "^SUCCESSFUL" echo "continue with the other tasks" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

^M in yank but not in file in Vim

I am trying to visually select a section of text in vim and then substitute for it using the :%s/ sequence. First I visually select text. Then I yank using "ay. Then I type :%s/ followed by Control R and the register name, in this case a. This fills in the text I have visually selected into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enobarbus37
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing log file continuously

Hi i have a log file, which keeps appending, i want to find "exceptions" in that log file and copy those exceptions to another file. i am using grep exception filename >> location where to copy but as the file is appending, am not able to view. i am using tail -f command , ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchaitanya
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vim help - delete words in a file or characters after pattern

I have a file with words that begin with character #. Whenver that character is found that word should be deleted throughout the file. How do I do that in VIM. e.g: afkajfa ladfa ljafa #222222 kjafad ljl afajkj kjlj uouu #44444 jlkj lkjl Output should be afkajfa ladfa ljafa kjafad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osbourneric
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM E212: Cannot save a new file

Hey everyone, I'm new to Linux and am attempting to run a TF2 server on a CentOS VPS (terminal only). I followed this guide (link below) and have arrived on step 4, creating a configuration file. When I try to save the new file however, I get the E212: Can't open file for writing error.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rGSyn
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with update vim file-syntax relationship?

There are some ksh files named as "*.lib" in my system. When I open them in VIM, vim syntax can't parse it correctly. Is there a way that I can relate the *.lib with KSH syntax in VIM? Due to access limitation, i can only update the files under my home directory and can't modify the VIM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut first column from file in Vi(Vim)

I have a parts file that looks like this: EE36264|0NH46||Y|A|EA|0|0|0|N|LUNETTE 3" ADJ. EYE|0|0|*|0|PEOZZU|N|12|N|N|VPS|N|N|N|N|LUNETTE 3" ADJ. EYE|0|||Receive into Inventory|81755|EE36264|*|*|*|0|0||EE36264|A|*|* F1.5|53932||Y|A|EA|0|0|0|N|FLAT ZERO CAL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Script for pinging continuously

Hi, I need to set up a script that would write the results of the ping command from one AIX server to another file may be every minute. Like this I need to gather the data for a period of 24 hours. Can someone please help me with this? G (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script for continuously monitoring log file

Hi I have written below log monitoring script to egrep multiple words and redirect the output to a text file and its working fine but I want to add some more below given functionality to it, which is very advance and im not very good in it, so please help if you can :) I am egrepping all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scazed
1 Replies
foo2zjs-pstops(1)					      General Commands Manual						 foo2zjs-pstops(1)

NAME
foo2zjs-pstops - Add PS code for foo2*-wrapper SYNOPSIS
foo2zjs-pstops [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
Add PS code for foo2zjs-wrapper. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
These are the options that can appear on the command line. -a Accurate screens code. -c CIE Color. -n Neuter CUPS cupsPSLevel2 -r Rotate 90 degrees clockwise. -w Well Tempered Screens code. -D level Set Debug level [0]. FILES
/usr/bin/foo2zjs-pstops SEE ALSO
foo2hp2600-wrapper(1), foo2lava-wrapper(1), foo2oak-wrapper(1), foo2qpdl-wrapper(1), foo2slx-wrapper(1), foo2xqx-wrapper(1), foo2zjs-wrap- per(1) AUTHOR
Rick Richardson <rick.richardson@comcast.net> http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/