Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX system ,machine id , model name Explain ? Post 302404278 by funksen on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 06:14:18 AM
Old 03-16-2010
when you open a support call, you need to know at least the machine serial number, which is uname -u

IBM,0262F4A64

62F4A64 is the serial number in this case
IBM identifies your hardware with this number

but it's also good to know the model name 9117-MMA for example

some applications use the machine ID for licensing, but I've seen this only on older applications, at least I don't have such an application running

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

old unix machine at work model # wy-50

I was a tec at AT&T for 36 years and now work at a Doctor's office. We have the old unix unit in our office and it seems my keeps going out. Since, this was my line of work I want to repair this unit so I will not have to walk to the other office. Here is all the info off the unit which is just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marycarroll
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the system model in linux?

is there any way to check what model and made is the linux box from command line like - it is virtual server or is it a physical manchine then what made it is (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

3. AIX

Determine power family of p system from the model #.

Folks, Again a very silly question :D Could someone tell me, how to determine the power family(540, 520, 575, 595 etc) just by looking into the model # info from prtconf/lsconf o/p of the lpar? I dont want run a search on any search engine to find out the power family or hit IBM website to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies
Blt_TreeNodeId(3)					      BLT Library Procedures						 Blt_TreeNodeId(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Blt_TreeNodeId - Returns the node serial number. SYNOPSIS
#include <bltTree.h> unsigned int Blt_TreeNodeId(node) ARGUMENTS
Blt_TreeNode node (in) Node whose ID is to be returned. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This procedure returns the node serial number. The node serial number is useful for programs that export the tree data object to the Tcl programming level. Since node labels (and therefore pathnames) are not unique, the ID can be used to uniquely identify a node. The arguments are as follows: node The node whose serial number is returned. The serial number of the root node for example is always 0. RETURNS
The serial number of the node. Nodes are given a unique serial number when they are created. You can use the ID to later retrieve the node using Blt_TreeGetNode. EXAMPLE
The following example prints the ID of a node. printf("root ID is %s ", Blt_TreeNodeId(node)); KEYWORDS
Tcl_TreeCreateNode, Tcl_TreeDeleteNode BLT
2.4 Blt_TreeNodeId(3)